Tune Results I AM CONFUSED

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep there needs to be some sort of upgrade for the CVT I know there is a cvt cooler which could net me another 10 whp the tuner said but thats not really worth the 400$ lol
Yes find another tuner. 10 hp from a transmission cooler, um no. The cooler will help keep the cvt temps down during hard driving which will keep it from going into limp mode but it wont keep the belt from slipping from too much power and it wont make power on its own
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Like I've said before, more power is a great thing but with the CVT you have to be really careful. I'm not making anywhere near max power/torque with my base +6 Hondata tune, but for my commuting, it's a huge difference over stock. If you really want to push it to the limit, I think you're better off with a car with a stick and beefed up aftermarket clutch. I don't know about you but I like the peace of mind of knowing the base tunes are fairly safe with the CVT.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep there needs to be some sort of upgrade for the CVT I know there is a cvt cooler which could net me another 10 whp the tuner said but thats not really worth the 400$ lol
There won't be an upgrade for the CVT to hold more power and torque.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Or the cost involved with such an upgrade, mechanical and software. It would almost always be cheaper to do a trade in for a manual model. My 16 civic was the CVT. It was still a great car, nice and quick. But the manual just has far more headroom.

Bebo_fk7

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic hatch cvt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when he up the boost and adjust the torque the car drove like shit cvt was slipping and just terrible. it would grenade itself over a short period of time. buyer beware cvt is trash
I don’t believe it’s trash it’s just having the right tuner I’m full bolt on 27won performance parts and I pulled 255 on a hot 102 degrees day so giving the chance on a cooler day and cooler air I could have been up closer to the 265 range
Sponsored