Tune/mod my civic

Ogglol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2018 1.5L Sport plus
Country flag
Eyo civic People.

In starting go fix my civic 2018 sportplus with Tiny upgrades now and then and I need your help.

Right now, I have only fixed a short-ram intake and gonna lower it soon.

Would Love to get some suggestions in were you find your parts. I live in Sweden so for me I have Trouble finding parts..

Have also been looking on a tune aswell. Ktuner or hondata?

"Alot of grammar mistakes, blame late night with autocorrect "
Cheers.
Ogg
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Power gains:
Ktuner/Hondata (I went Ktuner v2 for a seperate screen, Hondata used your infotainment which i dont like personally)

Downpipe/Frontpipe

Intake(I went PRL CAI Cobra Race)

Quality Tires

These 4 alone will wake up your vehicle from its stock slumber. Without breaking the bank.

OP
OP
Ogglol

Ogglol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Power gains:
Ktuner/Hondata (I went Ktuner v2 for a seperate screen, Hondata used your infotainment which i dont like personally)

Downpipe/Frontpipe

Intake(I went PRL CAI Cobra Race)

Quality Tires

These 4 alone will wake up your vehicle from its stock slumber. Without breaking the bank.
Got injen short ram intake 2 weeks ago, sounds amazing! and thanks for the good reply! but I was wondering where you guys find these parts. were I live I cant find any sites.. or im just really stupid when I try to search for something :<

any suggestions on exhaust system?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Now that you've got an Injen intake, your idea of a KTuner or Hondata could be problematic. The Injen's are known to have inconsistencies with the MAF that cause fuel trim issues. You'd most likely need a custom tune.

Personally, I wouldn't use an SRI because all you're basically doing is adding sound. Being in Sweden, at least you'll have less of a problem with heat soak.:)

OP
OP
Ogglol

Ogglol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now that you've got an Injen intake, your idea of a KTuner or Hondata could be problematic. The Injen's are known to have inconsistencies with the MAF that cause fuel trim issues. You'd most likely need a custom tune.

Personally, I wouldn't use an SRI because all you're basically doing is adding sound. Being in Sweden, at least you'll have less of a problem with heat soak.:)
A custom tune would also be probelmatic cus We dont have that kind of things in my town :( so then I either have to buy a new intake which is kinda expensive for me. cus I need to order it from another country.

Do you have any good suggestions for me? Im not that good of a car guy. I literally became a fan of it when I bought my honda. I love this now and trying to learn more everyday that I can.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I would sell the Injen and put the money towards a drop-in performance air filter (K&N, AEM, aFe etc.) and a KTuner. The car will drive amazingly better.

Valkyria90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sedan 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Fellow Scandinavian here.
The aftermarket for parts here equals zero, and Amazon doesn't ship to Norway (for the most part), but luckily you can find a lot of the things you need from Ebay.
I ordered my PRL Short Ram Intake and Ktuner 1.2 from PRLs Ebay page which offers global shipping. I also bought a Tanabe Sway bar and lots of small cosmetic items from different sellers on Ebay.
Obviously you should be wary of Chinese rip-offs, but most of the highly rated praised items and brands on this forum are available through Ebay.

OP
OP
Ogglol

Ogglol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fellow Scandinavian here.
The aftermarket for parts here equals zero, and Amazon doesn't ship to Norway (for the most part), but luckily you can find a lot of the things you need from Ebay.
I ordered my PRL Short Ram Intake and Ktuner 1.2 from PRLs Ebay page which offers global shipping. I also bought a Tanabe Sway bar and lots of small cosmetic items from different sellers on Ebay.
Obviously you should be wary of Chinese rip-offs, but most of the highly rated praised items and brands on this forum are available through Ebay.
We have the struggles mah dude.. but I bought from ebay aswell. trying to only find the high rated sellers. but always trying to see if you can find from different shops in europe on their website. think there is a few around europe that sells these stuff. but they might be very expensive.

OP
OP
Ogglol

Ogglol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would sell the Injen and put the money towards a drop-in performance air filter (K&N, AEM, aFe etc.) and a KTuner. The car will drive amazingly better.
Will do actually. really want to tune it, and only had the intake for a few weeks so should be easy to resell to someone :) Thanks for the fast reply man! really like the feedback.

Valkyria90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sedan 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
We have the struggles mah dude.. but I bought from ebay aswell. trying to only find the high rated sellers. but always trying to see if you can find from different shops in europe on their website. think there is a few around europe that sells these stuff. but they might be very expensive.
I did the research. Most European sellers are more expensive than American ones, even with the higher shipping cost.
It's funny because I find myself in your own shoes. I didn't care much about Honda before my Civic either, but now I absolutely love the brand, and it's a shame how rare these cars are in my country, thus the no existing aftermarket and community. And to add shit to the piss, our government is doing their best to ban gasoline and diesel cars all together in a few years, in favour of soulless, characterless, unexeptional, ugly electric cars :(

OP
OP
Ogglol

Ogglol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did the research. Most European sellers are more expensive than American ones, even with the higher shipping cost.
It's funny because I find myself in your own shoes. I didn't care much about Honda before my Civic either, but now I absolutely love the brand, and it's a shame how rare these cars are in my country, thus the no existing aftermarket and community. And to add shit to the piss, our government is doing their best to ban gasoline and diesel cars all together in a few years, in favour of soulless, characterless, unexeptional, ugly electric cars :(
Yup, kinda sucks. but buying mods/tunes 1 part at a time. today I ordered some brand new wheels/tires for my baby. so we will see how that looks! :D
Sponsored