TSP Tune Question

Ben1o0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ever since I insalled the tsp stage 1+, every once in a while when i downshift into the 3400 to 4500rpm range it pops loud. Is this normal considering I have a stock downpipe? I only have a muffler delete.
Sponsored

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I'm on TSP 1 & do get the odd pop when downshifting to pass ( usually happens on a 6-4 or a 5-3 block shift - I rev-match when downshifting). It is noticeably louder since I added the catted DP. I believe it is un-burnt fuel being ignited in the exhaust system.
Our Z51 Stingray does a similar thing, but on fast aggressive up shifts. The fuel supply gets cut for the shift & is then detonated in the exhaust system-really gets your attention the first few times it happens. HTH

Last edited:

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Yes, it happens to me if I stab the gas and let off quickly. It will pop and my exhaust system is completely stock.

Arshad141

First Name
Roophian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Sorry if this is a dumb question. But is that pop you hear normal? Or should I worry about that

OP
OP
Ben1o0

Ben1o0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm on TSP 1 & do get the odd pop when downshifting to pass ( usually happens on a 6-4 or a 5-3 block shift - I rev-match when downshifting). It is noticeably louder since I added the catted DP. I believe it is un-burnt fuel being ignited in the exhaust system.
Our Z51 Stingray does a similar thing, but on fast aggressive up shifts. The fuel supply gets cut for the shift & is then detonated in the exhaust system-really gets your attention the first few times it happens. HTH
Yeah that true. Sometimes its like a gunshot for me?

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Sorry if this is a dumb question. But is that pop you hear normal? Or should I worry about that

The only dumb question is the one you never ask. It is normal to hear the occasional pop under "spirited" driving conditions & no cause for concern. I've tried to replicate it a few times, but not easy to do & seems to only occur when all the stars are perfectly aligned. HTH

OP
OP
Ben1o0

Ben1o0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The only dumb question is the one you never ask. It is normal to hear the occasional pop under "spirited" driving conditions & no cause for concern. I've tried to replicate it a few times, but not easy to do & seems to only occur when all the stars are perfectly aligned. HTH
I can't say the same, for me it occurs once or twice times about every other drive depending how far im going.
Sponsored