Mckeeversheater

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
Should I install the prl cobra intake first before flashing the ecu with the stage one or the other way around thanks guys
Btw it’s the race maf
Sponsored

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Install it and flash the ecu. Did you already requested the race calibration for tsp?

OP
OP

Mckeeversheater

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I have to email them my specifics first
So it’s been a day and I haven’t had this problem since but when I flashed my ecu with the cobra cai it put a lot of info and power through the ecu and my car wouldn’t turn on I think it just fried my battery cus I took off the negative terminal and then charged the battery and it’s fine now just making sure that’s all it was right?

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Depending on how long it took to load the tune the battery could have just drained. The battery life and capacity for the Civic is a common complaint from what I've read.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It does take a lot of battery juice to reprogram your ECU. First it erases the old tune and then uploads the new one. I recommend hooking up a battery tender when you change tunes.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So it’s been a day and I haven’t had this problem since but when I flashed my ecu with the cobra cai it put a lot of info and power through the ecu and my car wouldn’t turn on I think it just fried my battery cus I took off the negative terminal and then charged the battery and it’s fine now just making sure that’s all it was right?
If your battery is the factory one from 2017, it may be a weak battery.
From what I know, Honda revised the battery specs (e.g. bigger capacity battery, higher CCA) for the Civics in certain locations/regions, so I'd consider checking with the local dealer.
I know the title of the thread is for Canada, but wouldn't hurt to see if it applies for you.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oem-updated-canadian-battery-2016-2018-civic-all-models.41082/

Did you flash the TSP Stage 1 tune using the file they give you after contacting them?
Remember, the there are 3 maps with the tune, and the custom tune is map #3.
Whenever you shut the car off, it defaults back to map #1, which is "stock" tune.
You can change it on-the-fly, but keep the above in mind.

OP
OP

Mckeeversheater

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
If your battery is the factory one from 2017, it may be a weak battery.
From what I know, Honda revised the battery specs (e.g. bigger capacity battery, higher CCA) for the Civics in certain locations/regions, so I'd consider checking with the local dealer.
I know the title of the thread is for Canada, but wouldn't hurt to see if it applies for you.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oem-updated-canadian-battery-2016-2018-civic-all-models.41082/

Did you flash the TSP Stage 1 tune using the file they give you after contacting them?
Remember, the there are 3 maps with the tune, and the custom tune is map #3.
Whenever you shut the car off, it defaults back to map #1, which is "stock" tune.
You can change it on-the-fly, but keep the above in mind.
Wait how do I flip through the maps?

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait how do I flip through the maps?
Hold "cancel" with cruise control off. Ur tac should hover over either 1, 2, or 3. Select which map you want by pressing + or - and then hold cancel again to set the map you want.

OP
OP

Mckeeversheater

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
Hold "cancel" with cruise control off. Ur tac should hover over either 1, 2, or 3. Select which map you want by pressing + or - and then hold cancel again to set the map you want.
Does this change anything w the Honda sensing package

OP
OP

Mckeeversheater

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
The changing of maps should change the target boost levels that you want.
No no no I understand that the maps have different throttle response and boost and all that but I never saw the three maps when I did the cancel button like nothing came up on my tach

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No no no I understand that the maps have different throttle response and boost and all that but I never saw the three maps when I did the cancel button like nothing came up on my tach

Should work like this. Make sure you have ur ACC/LKAT turned off.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

Should work like this. Make sure you have ur ACC/LKAS turned off.
Ah yes, you need to turn off ACC/LKAS before you can select the different 1 / 2 / 3 maps.
Once, you have made your selection, then you can ACC/LKAS back on

Press and hold the Cancel button for ... ~3 seconds? to get into the map select.
Then use the + or - to select.
Press and hold the Cancel again for another ~3 seconds to get out of map select.
Sponsored