First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello,

To start off I am fully aware that I should be running 93. I know it may be a hard NO ..but, I have this question that I have been wondering however...I know that tests for TSP are conducted at sea level pressure. I am in the Northern part of Arizona and no one sells 93 at all. I am wondering since air is a lot more thinner up here (5045ft MSL) if it would be safe to run 91 instead of 93 on this tune.. I haven't yet but I just want to check here to be sure. I emailed TSP and I am waiting for a response I just want to be sure though... Thanks!
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You won’t make the optimum power but the car runs fine. Sometimes you don’t have a choice, 91 is all you can get.

you can even run regular but what is the point, the tune isn’t optimized for it.

the car isn’t going to stop running but won’t make the peak power. That is all.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
you can even run regular but what is the point, the tune isn’t optimized for it. the car isn’t going to stop running but won’t make the peak power. That is all.
Running 87 on something like the TSP 1+ though would be a mess. I mean, it requires 93 at a minimum. In an absolute emergency where only 87 is availabe, sure you could run it, but you might see some real bad knock. Here's the blurb from the TSP site:
93+ octane REQUIRED. Use of lower grade fuels is NOT tolerated

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
What do you do if you live in state like CA that does not have 93 octane? I understand their premium is only 91 octane.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you do if you live in state like CA that does not have 93 octane? I understand their premium is only 91 octane.
mix in 3 gallons of e85 with 91 octane to make 93

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
mix in 3 gallons of e85 with 91 octane to make 93
Without a flex fuel kit, I'd be leery of anything over 1.5-2 gallons of E85 per tank.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Hello,

To start off I am fully aware that I should be running 93. I know it may be a hard NO ..but, I have this question that I have been wondering however...I know that tests for TSP are conducted at sea level pressure. I am in the Northern part of Arizona and no one sells 93 at all. I am wondering since air is a lot more thinner up here (5045ft MSL) if it would be safe to run 91 instead of 93 on this tune.. I haven't yet but I just want to check here to be sure. I emailed TSP and I am waiting for a response I just want to be sure though... Thanks!
TSP tunes are tested internationally at various elevations. Elevation may limit your boost pressure but the commanded ignition advance will not change. Sorry, but 91 octane is not going to cut it for One+. We would encourage you to instead use our "standard" Stage 1 tune.

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
TSP tunes are tested internationally at various elevations. Elevation may limit your boost pressure but the commanded ignition advance will not change. Sorry, but 91 octane is not going to cut it for One+. We would encourage you to instead use our "standard" Stage 1 tune.
Ahh okay my bad, I thought I read somewhere that it was SLP, my mistake thanks for the clear up

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Without a flex fuel kit, I'd be leery of anything over 1.5-2 gallons of E85 per tank.
Thanks for this, I might do this instead I think e85 would be easier to find than 93.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This has been asked so many times and it's really simple. Add 1.5 Gallons of E85. I've been doing it for a year and a half with shitty californian 91 and my knock is always at 0.49
Sponsored