First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey fellow Si owners,

Going to purchase PRLs Flex Fuel kit and possibly the TSP Stage 2 tune to go along with it. If you guys have the tune, can you guys give me your thoughts on it and stuff?

Also if you have ran it on stock clutch before you got an aftermarket clutch, let me know how long it lasted before it started to slip? Will get clutch after my deployment this upcoming month.

Would really appreciate your guys feedback on the TSP Stage 2 tune!

Thank you !
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hey fellow Si owners,

Going to purchase PRLs Flex Fuel kit and possibly the TSP Stage 2 tune to go along with it. If you guys have the tune, can you guys give me your thoughts on it and stuff?

Also if you have ran it on stock clutch before you got an aftermarket clutch, let me know how long it lasted before it started to slip? Will get clutch after my deployment this upcoming month.

Thank you !
I'm on the TSP Stage 1 tune with stock clutch. The stock clutch can handle anything up to 22psi, after that it will begin to slip. If going flex fuel and TSP stage 2 will boost you over 22psi, 100 percent you will need a stage 1 clutch as you will start to see slipping in 5th or 6th gears

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had it for about 8 months now. Clutch was fine up until a month or two on it. But I had added the PRL Catless FP and DP and it started slipping bad. Upgraded the clutch and never looked back.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ran TSP Stage 2 map 3 for 6 months fine with a stock clutch. I upgraded to Eman's CTR clutch then even though the stock clutch was fine. I enjoy having a clutch that I don't have to worry about. I can now increase driving aggression without nagging concerns. Derek has modified the Stage 2 map to even be kinder on the clutch than what I was using.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I ran TSP Stage 2 map 3 for 6 months fine with a stock clutch. I upgraded to Eman's CTR clutch then even though the stock clutch was fine. I enjoy having a clutch that I don't have to worry about. I can now increase driving aggression without nagging concerns. Derek has modified the Stage 2 map to even be kinder on the clutch than what I was using.
This is Eman from The Smoking Tire with the plus 300 WHP Si? Just curious where you bought it, as this is a Flywheel/Clutch he modified himself for the Si

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is Eman from The Smoking Tire with the plus 300 WHP Si? Just curious where you bought it, as this is a Flywheel/Clutch he modified himself for the Si
Yes, it is. Last I heard he was making 465 with Meth. He is still working on making even more hp.

I messaged him on Facebook Emmanuel Gurrola Burciaga. I sent him a SI flywheel and some money with PayPal and a few weeks later he sent me a kit.

I think he turned his AC off for this run.

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
How much did you end up paying for Eman’s CTR Clutch? That’s the clutch i planned on getting, proven to hold power so it makes sense!

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey fellow Si owners,

Thank you !
I have tsp stage 1 and stock clutch is taking a beating. Cant launch off the line or hit peak torque after 2nd gear or it slips. But if I stay over or at 4500 rpm it holds fine in every gear. And thank you for your service!

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have tsp stage 1 and stock clutch is taking a beating. Cant launch off the line or hit peak torque after 2nd gear or it slips. But if I stay over or at 4500 rpm it holds fine in every gear. And thank you for your service!
I currently have TSP Stage 1, luckily no slippage has occurred for me yet (knock on wood haha) but I’m scared going to the Stage 2 will melt my clutch instantly and force me to put it out of service earlier than what i expected it to last.

And thank you for the support! You have no idea how much joy it brings me to be recognized!

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I currently have TSP Stage 1, luckily no slippage has occurred for me yet (knock on wood haha) but I’m scared going to the Stage 2 will melt my clutch instantly and force me to put it out of service earlier than what i expected it to last.

And thank you for the support! You have no idea how much joy it brings me to be recognized!
It wont go that fast unless you intentionally let it slip all the time. I had a Honda pilot walk on me off a red light from slippage that's when I realized it's time for fx350 and aluminum flywheel. Even tho I'd rather steel.
I did my time on the Harry S. Truman always like to meet other service members on here.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much did you end up paying for Eman’s CTR Clutch? That’s the clutch i planned on getting, proven to hold power so it makes sense!
It depends on the price Honda charges for the CTR clutch and flywheel. I paid $1025 and Honda increased the prices and a friend paid $1150. I also paid $20 to USPS to ship the SI flywheel in their 12" x 12" prepaid box to Eman. Eman has done so many of these clutches he may be depleting Honda's supply. A couple of months ago he had already done 40.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I’ve been on the tsp stage 2 about 6 months. First with the stock clutch and later upgraded to a spec. Stock clutch won’t hold for even a single pull on map 3 in sport.

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It wont go that fast unless you intentionally let it slip all the time. I had a Honda pilot walk on me off a red light from slippage that's when I realized it's time for fx350 and aluminum flywheel. Even tho I'd rather steel.
I did my time on the Harry S. Truman always like to meet other service members on here.
Truthfully I’m not one to launch. I typically do “offroad” roll racing. 20,40 rolls and 3rd gear pulls. Other than that, I’m not a fan digs or launches. Feels like I’m hurting my car or transmission.

I’ve met a few service members on here and thru IG. Love my fellow brother in arms! will be omw to Guatemala next week.

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It depends on the price Honda charges for the CTR clutch and flywheel. I paid $1025 and Honda increased the prices and a friend paid $1150. I also paid $20 to USPS to ship the SI flywheel in their 12" x 12" prepaid box to Eman. Eman has done so many of these clutches he may be depleting Honda's supply. A couple of months ago he had already done 40.
Seems fair enough. I’ve been waiting on ACT clutch to release a clutch but who knows when that will be. I’ve heard so many good things about them. I did see a post that possibly this coming Fall they might release kits for our Si! But nonetheless, I’m just going to go w Eman’s retrofit. Not a bad deal imo

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I’ve been on the tsp stage 2 about 6 months. First with the stock clutch and later upgraded to a spec. Stock clutch won’t hold for even a single pull on map 3 in sport.
Damn that scares me. Getting mixed reviews. We all drive different and there are so many variables to really tell how long it could last. I’m going to pray and hope it lasts for a few pulls until my CTR Retrofit is sent thru. Can’t wait! Possibly bigger turbo in the next year or so!
Sponsored