TSP Stage 2 Tune

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
My bad... I used 91 octane manual for the most part wasn't drove hard only once and a while

My bad.... I used 91 pump gas drove aggressive once and a while.

It's Manual 60k on it. I ran the 21 psi ktuner base map for a year prior to the tsp stage 1. The only aftermarket parts on it are an injen intake, and prl catless dp The engine went well driving across parking lot going 15km the day after the dp was installed, still in the shop don't know much more picture of damage attached.

IMG_1055.jpg
I'm willing to bet that downpipe (in addition to intake and poor fuel) played a role. It not only significantly increases torque, but changes spool and response, and allows that power to come on quicker and more suddenly, which can increase the stress on some components. It's one of the reasons I've skipped putting one on my car for now. If I ever upgraded the turbo though, I'd get one.

nickc23

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen si
Country flag
Hello everyone, I've had tsp stage 2 tune before but i downgraded to tsp stage 1 due to fears of engine blowing or throwing a rod.

I wanna ask everyone's opinion on long term use of this tune. I know some users reported they blew their engine on this tune but i believe there's more to their story then what they're letting on. Maybe some abuse or unusual use of the tune or acceleration of the car.

When i had stage 2 tune i did some pulls and launches that's about it, so i'm wondering if it's safe to do that with this tune long term.

Also heard some posts that claim it's bad for your injectors because of the ethanol content.

Planning on upgrading my clutch to the ACT clutch kit so i will have the transmission to hold the power so that will not be an issue.

Please let me know your comments and your experience on the tune I had it for a while and planning on returning to it but not sure I cannot afford to fix and engine or build in on my finances.

Thanks,
I’ve been running the stage 2 for 10k miles now with 30k total on the car and I don’t baby the car. Ive taken the car to the track multiple times . E85 Full exhaust with catless dp Front mount fx350 clutch.

OP
OP
luispe7

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I’ve been running the stage 2 for 10k miles now with 30k total on the car and I don’t baby the car. Ive taken the car to the track multiple times . E85 Full exhaust with catless dp Front mount fx350 clutch.
do you mix e85 with 93 octane or you use full e85?

OP
OP
luispe7

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag