Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
To add to my previous comment, I wasn't even in sport mode during my drive. So I didn't even have the most aggressive settings enabled when driving.
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Well considering the brief drive I did on the tune, I didnt step on the gas hard. Shouldn't I be okay since the tune didnt have to apply the max boost, timing, and fuel adjustments?
If you babied it, the ECU probably saved you. If something was wrong, I'm sure you would know. Glad it didn't go boom.

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you babied it, the ECU probably saved you. If something was wrong, I'm sure you would know. Glad it didn't go boom.
Yep... I reflashed and as normal the knock reset and started at .59 and made it's way down to .49. I did multiple pulls last night and on the Expressway today to test the car and consistently stayed at .49

Last edited:

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
if you honked on it with no ethanol and the timing is jacked up on that tune you is mighty lucky.

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Based on this false reading... as I understand it, Ktuner wouldn't dynamically advancing and retarding timing based on an input that isnt indicative of actual ethanol content and the enhanced cooling/antiknock properties ethanol provides. As such, I would not be so confident in k.control's ability to provide protection and preventing knock without actually incurring it. I have read that knock on high ethanol fuel isn't as forgiving as knock on gas... I'll try and find a reference to provide and post it later in an edit. It's been awhile.

The basemaps with 23# if boost were making upwards of ~250 whp, introducing a +5 value across the higher end of the RPM range. @D-RobIMW does quite a bit more... likely with even more timing and boost. Certainly more timing than TSP Stage 1 which, unlike the stock tune or the basemaps, drops the Premium recommendation and calls it a requirement.

You already got a post from the tuner telling you not to do what you're doing. You're his customer and he has your best interests in mind. Just because it worked does not mean it's good for your car and it will continue to work in the future. I'd not be pulled into a false sense of security. Go back to Stage 1/basemaps until you have the proper hardware installed.
with the same ethanol content req as the 23# basemap (E37ish) , how can they get away with more timing (+5)? id say pretty much the same especially with prob more boost to get the numbers with the stock IC.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
with the same ethanol content req as the 23# basemap (E37ish) , how can they get away with more timing (+5)? id say pretty much the same especially with prob more boost to get the numbers with the stock IC.
I'd bet the TSP stage 2 is more aggressive than the ethanol enable. I've seen some threads where folks with cobbled together kits before the PnP kits were common that were talking up running substantially higher advances. Ktuner's enable was a conservative starting point.

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed the flex fuel kit, flashed the tsp stage 2 tune and filled up exactly with e38 blend last night... All I can say is wow. Car runs noticeably stronger in the mid-upper rpms and feels like it doesnt want to stop pulling like its hungry. Seeing about 27-28psi peak boost and 2nd gear is pretty much out of question now when stepping on it because tires break loose. On the Expressway it really seems before I could even process anything I'm already in the upwards 90/low 100's. Light throttle tap on 5th is even noticeable as well. One of the first things I noticed is the engine feels and sounds louder at WOT & a buddy of mine who is also on E told me that the power surge you get when running the ethanol blend feels much similar to the feeling of a vtec crossover. I can agree the comparison is actually quite accurate. The engine just really wakes after a certain rpm and doesnt look back. I spent a good 45 min or so just driving around because how fun it was to drive the car again. K. Control is steady at .49. This is all I can remember at the moment. Took it for a late night drive and woke up early today to run some errands on my day off. If I can think of anything else worth mentioning I will report back and do so here for those interested. But so far so good. Loving this flex fuel and the stage 2 map.

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 2  Flex Fuel Tune.... 20181027_032026

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i've had my ktuner for as long as i've had my hatchback but haven't really looked into based tunes or new features lately since i've been running a custom tune. last night i installed @Two Step Performance flex fuel kit. i uploaded base tune to enable flex fuel and disable ect2 with ktuner and flashed. i'm wondering if these stage 1 and stage 2 flex fuel tunes you guys are talking about are within ktuner or if they are tunes bought from @Two Step Performance ? again i haven't had the chance to look through the new features from ktuner and due to work schedule may not get the chance for a while which is why I'm asking here. any info would be greatly appreciated....thanks!

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i've had my ktuner for as long as i've had my hatchback but haven't really looked into based tunes or new features lately since i've been running a custom tune. last night i installed @Two Step Performance flex fuel kit. i uploaded base tune to enable flex fuel and disable ect2 with ktuner and flashed. i'm wondering if these stage 1 and stage 2 flex fuel tunes you guys are talking about are within ktuner or if they are tunes bought from @Two Step Performance ? again i haven't had the chance to look through the new features from ktuner and due to work schedule may not get the chance for a while which is why I'm asking here. any info would be greatly appreciated....thanks!
Speaking on this thread alone, we are referring to the tsp stage 1 and stage 2 tune. The stage 2 is a flex fuel tune

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speaking on this thread alone, we are referring to the tsp stage 1 and stage 2 tune. The stage 2 is a flex fuel tune
yes, thats what i'm referring to...whether tunes came from tsp or ktuner feature. also is this thread for Si's only or anyone with tsp flex fuel kit?

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes, thats what i'm referring to...whether tunes came from tsp or ktuner feature. also is this thread for Si's only or anyone with tsp flex fuel kit?
Yup, from tsp. However ktuner had their own flex fuel map. I believe you have to contact them so they can give it to you. Dont quote me on that.

Anyone can join this thread. But the tune is for civic si only. If that's what I were trying to ask.

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, from tsp. However ktuner had their own flex fuel map. I believe you have to contact them so they can give it to you. Dont quote me on that.

Anyone can join this thread. But the tune is for civic si only. If that's what I were trying to ask.
thanks!

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the Expressway it really seems before I could even process anything I'm already in the upwards 90/low 100's.
Just back from a day trip with my TPS Stage 2 E37 tune. Just cruising along and looked at the dash and I was doing 97! It does want to fly! I wasn't even in the sport mode.

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With the TSP Stage 2 I believe that this is not supported for the Hondata due to the ehtanol content error? This is only supported for the Ktuner?

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
The tsp stage 2 tune is amazing! The difference from just enabling flex fuel and running the 23.5psi map is unreal! It makes me now question if I really need the 27won turbo upgrade where i would lose out on some of that low end torque! As a daily driver this tune with the factory turbo is all that I currently want, but I'm sure that might change in the future! We are always chasing more!
Sponsored