First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
"with zero issues on stock clutch"

You sir, are my hero. Another reason for me leaning towards Phearable was 10% military discount on all products. I don't know if it's on top of already ongoing sales though.
I want to put another tally for the stock clutch. I don't think I've been tuned as long as Charles but I have been TSP stage 1 map 3 for over 10,000 miles. I just hit 70,000 total miles on the stock clutch. I rip on it pretty often as well.
Sponsored

Asusa

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Reading all of these posts about the One+ tune is pretty exciting and I did purchase it finally. While waiting for the tune file in email, I flashed with one of the default tune files included with KTuner a couple days ago (23psi with no difference between normal and sport). I only did a little bit of driving to see how it felt and according to the dash view of the turbo psi gauge I was definitely getting up to 21-22 psi on hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear but I was avoiding pushing the pedal to the floor -- I never do that. (How an earlier poster described his daily driving behavior exactly describes me too.) I finally got the email with the One+ tune file for my unit and will re-flash with that today or tomorrow.

My newbie question is: if I take the ODB dongle off, does the tuning still run or does it drop back to that factory mode or "valet mode" that people have referenced before? Sorry that I've done some light searching and did not feel like I could find a clear answer to this question.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Reading all of these posts about the One+ tune is pretty exciting and I did purchase it finally. While waiting for the tune file in email, I flashed with one of the default tune files included with KTuner a couple days ago (23psi with no difference between normal and sport). I only did a little bit of driving to see how it felt and according to the dash view of the turbo psi gauge I was definitely getting up to 21-22 psi on hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear but I was avoiding pushing the pedal to the floor -- I never do that. (How an earlier poster described his daily driving behavior exactly describes me too.) I finally got the email with the One+ tune file for my unit and will re-flash with that today or tomorrow.

My newbie question is: if I take the ODB dongle off, does the tuning still run or does it drop back to that factory mode or "valet mode" that people have referenced before? Sorry that I've done some light searching and did not feel like I could find a clear answer to this question.
With the ktuner unplugged, the car will start in map 1 (factory boost map). You can change it manually via the steering wheel controls to map 2 or 3.

If you leave the ktuner plugged in, it will start in whatever map you left it in instead of always map 1.

Asusa

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
With the ktuner unplugged, the car will start in map 1 (factory boost map). You can change it manually via the steering wheel controls to map 2 or 3.

If you leave the ktuner plugged in, it will start in whatever map you left it in instead of always map 1.
Got it! That cleared it up for me. Thanks!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want to put another tally for the stock clutch. I don't think I've been tuned as long as Charles but I have been TSP stage 1 map 3 for over 10,000 miles. I just hit 70,000 total miles on the stock clutch. I rip on it pretty often as well.
I don’t have a lot of miles on my car... it’s about 3 1/2 years old total and I just cracked 34,000 miles total this week. Over 25,000 would be on stage 1... and I think I had the 23# basemap on it right around the time it was a month or two old with a thousand or two miles on it. I have few highway miles though... and those around the town miles are hard ones. I wouldn’t say I abuse the car by any means... but the car is driven spiritedly much of the time.

Juddtastic77

First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si sedan
Country flag
Just uploaded it yesterday- I absolutely love it. The constant linear pull feels so good. Still on stock clutch with 50. No slippage( regular tsp stage one I’d get the “ normal “ 3/4th gear slippage). I only have the PRL CAI race on right now, but still a definite upgraded tune. My garage is full of goodies to put on soon. This is definitely a great tune!

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Just uploaded it yesterday- I absolutely love it. The constant linear pull feels so good. Still on stock clutch with 50. No slippage( regular tsp stage one I’d get the “ normal “ 3/4th gear slippage). I only have the PRL CAI race on right now, but still a definite upgraded tune. My garage is full of goodies to put on soon. This is definitely a great tune!
Great news no slipping with the stage 1+ its look like stage 1+ is pushing more at top end and save the clutch on low rpm ... planning to upgrade with 1+ and downpipe already bought . ?

Last edited:

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I've had mine for a few days now. Very big upgrade from the original stg1. There is more low to mid range torque. Previously the car felt dead down low and had slow turbo spool. This is much better and the power up top is improved as well. The car pulls really strong and consistent. Fuel trims were all in check however knock count did creep up to 0.60 on map 3 with 93 octane gas. I bet an intercooler upgrade would help greatly to cool the charge and keep knock in check.

Overall I'm very happy with the upgrade and would recommend it over the standard stg1.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Of course.

Once a tune is uploaded, you don't have to keep the unit plugged in. Remember though, it will revert to Map 1 on startup with the KTuner removed. But it takes all of 3 seconds to switch maps.

Last edited:

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
So I need to know if map 1 has any significant/obvious/noticeable differences from how the car drives from stock. If I were to flash the car and upon startup it always automatically reverts to map 1 with the unit removed will somebody, that drives the car regularly, notice the difference?

Last edited:

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
So I need to know if map 1 has any significant/obvious/noticeable differences from how the car drives from stock. If I were to flash the car and upon startup it always automatically reverts to map 1 with the unit removed, will anybody that drives the car regularly notice the difference?
I'd think the primary difference someone might notice is if you disable rev-hang.

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag