Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I switched from Stage 1+ to Phearable 1.5 (NOT R) mostly because I was tired of hunting for 93-94 octane. It's not readily available in my area, buy 91 is everywhere. I also heard that Phearable 1.5 was way smoother than TSP Stage 1, so I figured let's give it a try.

Honestly while there is clearly a difference in power, it's hardly noticeable. I don't race or go to the track or anything so it's perfect for me. The thing with the "smoothness" is it's all about Rev Hang. Something about 2020s not playing nice without Rev hang. With TSP Stage 1+ without Rev hang it wouldn't feel smooth at all, jerking as soon as I left off the gas at any speed/gear. With Rev hang on (cruise control on) it was much better.

Phearable is aware of this issue, so for 2020 models, they leave Rev hang on in their tune. But I think it's tuned a little so it's not as bad as stock, but it's just just enough to prevent the jerkiness. I haven't tried Phearable 1.5R but I can vouch for 1.5 - it's great!
If you get a chance, add your car to my community tuning thread. Thanks.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

Side note: That Phearable tune is close to perfect IMO.
Sponsored

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I switched from Stage 1+ to Phearable 1.5 (NOT R) mostly because I was tired of hunting for 93-94 octane. It's not readily available in my area, but 91 is everywhere. I also heard that Phearable 1.5 was way smoother than TSP Stage 1, so I figured let's give it a try.

Honestly while there is clearly a difference in power, it's hardly noticeable. I don't race or go to the track or anything so it's perfect for me. The thing with the "smoothness" is it's all about Rev Hang. Something about 2020s not playing nice without Rev hang. With TSP Stage 1+ without Rev hang it wouldn't feel smooth at all, jerking as soon as I left off the gas at any speed/gear. With Rev hang on (cruise control on) it was much better.

Phearable is aware of this issue, so for 2020 models, they leave Rev hang on in their tune. But I think it's tuned a little so it's not as bad as stock, but it's just just enough to prevent the jerkiness. I haven't tried Phearable 1.5R but I can vouch for 1.5 - it's great!
Damn, you downgraded in power and still prefer it? I wonder what 1.5R has to offer then as I'm on stage 1+ and enjoy it.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Damn, you downgraded in power and still prefer it? I wonder what 1.5R has to offer then as I'm on stage 1+ and enjoy it.
From someone I know that has it, they said itā€™s smoother than 1.5 already is and pulls even harder up top. I just picked up 1+ to see if te better than non plus. My issue with tsp stage 1 was that it feels way to aggressive after 3k rpm on the transmission, itā€™s jerky even with soft throttle padding, the dip around the 2k rpm is annoying to deal with especially if youā€™re going up a slight hill since it makes you feel like your gas pedal isnā€™t doing anything for a quick second. I though my clutch was slipping when it wasnā€™t. 1+ seems to have gotten rid of that dip if you compare the graphs. For $80 Iā€™m willing to try it. If not, back to stock and going to order phearable 1.5R

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
If you get a chance, add your car to my community tuning thread. Thanks.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

Side note: That Phearable tune is close to perfect IMO.
Question : i noted that rev hang on the tsp seems to lay down a bit when on sport mode. What have you noted if any difference between them in sport mode. 2 is it easier to maintain than Tsp what i mean is when setting up the tune is it faster easier to load up or do you still have to go through the rigor Monroe of connecting it up to the laptop

t-bohn

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
Being new to the site and having just gotten a low mileage 18.
I read all 22 pages and plan on the upgrade... I am broke from 27won exhaust that just came available.

With a full down pipe, front pipe and slant. Will the 2step map one compensate and keep my check engine light off, will I be able to pass Connecticut emissions in this setting?

There is talk of the sport button can that used to go to map two? I like idea of a split second button punch upping the power.
Am I way off base?
Thankyou all

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I read all 22 pages and plan on the upgrade... I am broke from 27won exhaust that just came available.

With a full down pipe, front pipe and slant. Will the 2step map one compensate and keep my check engine light off, will I be able to pass Connecticut emissions in this setting?

There is talk of the sport button can that used to go to map two? I like idea of a split second button punch upping the power.
Am I way off base?
Thankyou all
yes in map 2 you will be able to switch from 19PSI to 21 psi in a split second.
Im not sure about passing inspection with map 1.
but since you have a check engine lite on i guess you running catless DP so I doubt you will be able to pass inspection regardless.
Im not a expert in what they exactly they checking but my guess is that 70% chance that you will not pass because of DP.

t-bohn

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
Down pipe will be a cat pipe.
Map one is "stock" or is it modified fuel table "stock boost" stock (keeping the light off)

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, for what little Iā€™ve run 1+ this farā€¦ the car has taken to it fine. The smoothness people talk about I call ā€œslower power deliveryā€ which isnā€™t something Iā€™m crazy aboutā€¦ but most people seem to like since Iā€™ve seen a lot of people gushing about it. It does seem to have a little more umph over 4000 RPM though as the dynos show. ~10 more hp on a car already approaching 250 isnā€™t a drastic change but Iā€™d say itā€™s money well spent. My wife prefers the smoother delivery however, and sheā€™s the boss. Stock clutch still fine. With some back-to-back punches through 2nd and 3rd, k.cont is still stuck to .49 in hot weatherā€¦ so the car seems to like it fine.

Itā€™s a keeper. I still have a flex fuel kit sitting NIB if I get the itch and I bet dumping the stock intercooler would make a bit of a difference. Since I donā€™t do sustained hard drivingā€¦ Iā€™ll probably stay put for the rest of ā€˜21. At least the new tires I got earlier this year hold the power I do make well off the line and in the wet.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag

Am I way off base?
Thankyou all
Add a bung to your 02 sensor

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Well, for what little Iā€™ve run 1+ this farā€¦ the car has taken to it fine. The smoothness people talk about I call ā€œslower power deliveryā€ which isnā€™t something Iā€™m crazy aboutā€¦ but most people seem to like since Iā€™ve seen a lot of people gushing about it. It does seem to have a little more umph over 4000 RPM though as the dynos show. ~10 more hp on a car already approaching 250 isnā€™t a drastic change but Iā€™d say itā€™s money well spent. My wife prefers the smoother delivery however, and sheā€™s the boss. Stock clutch still fine. With some back-to-back punches through 2nd and 3rd, k.cont is still stuck to .49 in hot weatherā€¦ so the car seems to like it fine.

Itā€™s a keeper. I still have a flex fuel kit sitting NIB if I get the itch and I bet dumping the stock intercooler would make a bit of a difference. Since I donā€™t do sustained hard drivingā€¦ Iā€™ll probably stay put for the rest of ā€˜21. At least the new tires I got earlier this year hold the power I do make well off the line and in the wet.
Saw many failure on flex kits so I'm not going stage 2 lol anyway with stage 1+ pair with almost full bolt on ur close to stage 2 with out chance to break 4 gear or throw an rods. Will maybe get intercooler only part missing for full bolt on and wait what the new integra will offer. Running it since april tsp stage 1+ and all is fine on map 3 all days.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw many failure on flex kits so I'm not going stage 2 lol anyway with stage 1+ pair with almost full bolt on ur close to stage 2 with out chance to break 4 gear or throw an rods. Will maybe get intercooler only part missing for full bolt on and wait what the new integra will offer. Running it since april tsp stage 1+ and all is fine on map 3 all days.
My map 3 is my map 1 as I requested an inverse map. Same as the TSP Stage 1 non-plus 3 years earlier. I do think an ICer might net a bit more power. I just donā€™t push the car hard over a long period of time to really heat soak it so the biggest benefit would be lost to me.

Iā€™m less worried about losing a rod and more concerned about my injectors failing. I guess going lean on a cylinder and burning a cylinder up or having a rod fail would be a symptom of that but it seems to happen more often. I also kind of think staying on this side of 200 ft/lbs per liter is good. Sheā€™s just a 1.5 liter engine at the end of the day.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
My map 3 is my map 1 as I requested an inverse map. Same as the TSP Stage 1 non-plus 3 years earlier. I do think an ICer might net a bit more power. I just donā€™t push the car hard over a long period of time to really heat soak it so the biggest benefit would be lost to me.

Iā€™m less worried about losing a rod and more concerned about my injectors failing. I guess going lean on a cylinder and burning a cylinder up or having a rod fail would be a symptom of that but it seems to happen more often. I also kind of think staying on this side of 200 ft/lbs per liter is good. Sheā€™s just a 1.5 liter engine at the end of the day.
Yea injector are weak they already changed it on mine ... on warranty. Intercooler depends on hot summer, here in montreal it's that bad. I'm just getting alot of stone into the intercooler and he still good for now.

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

I see you live in Georgia, I'm down here in the Florida panhandle. You mention not pushing the car hard over long periods of time, I don't either (I baby it even as I add more power haha, I just like having the option to go quick if I ever have to.) But do the summers in your part of GA never seem to mess with your vehicle performance? I'm not an expert at any of this, but watching my figures on my KTuner 2 I notice when it's cooler out (this summer is my first experience with a 10th gen Si and with tuning/car work in general) that my various numbers are just much better. Even after a short thundershower when the temperatures drop to the 70s for a short while my fuel trims and temps are just way better. I figured an intercooler would be beneficial in all this heat here in the south!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see you live in Georgia, I'm down here in the Florida panhandle. You mention not pushing the car hard over long periods of time, I don't either (I baby it even as I add more power haha, I just like having the option to go quick if I ever have to.) But do the summers in your part of GA never seem to mess with your vehicle performance? I'm not an expert at any of this, but watching my figures on my KTuner 2 I notice when it's cooler out (this summer is my first experience with a 10th gen Si and with tuning/car work in general) that my various numbers are just much better. Even after a short thundershower when the temperatures drop to the 70s for a short while my fuel trims and temps are just way better. I figured an intercooler would be beneficial in all this heat here in the south!
Im sure itā€™d be of some help. My driving style tends to lend itself to occasional bursts of not-excessive speed. As such, I just donā€™t really hear soak the car. The hardest I ever really drive is doing some 2nd towards the top of 3rd pulls on a couple mile loop going on and off the interstate a time or two when I want to see if k.cont wants to move. Otherwise itā€™s mostly just taking some corners at speed and zooming to the top on 2nd to reach the 45 mph speed limitā€¦ the fastest on my daily commute.

Sucks to be boring.?

I did notice the car was down on power when I went to the Dragon and Skyway runs back in ā€˜19. I could definitely see it if you were pushing a car hard for minutes at a time.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Turbos love anything under 79 degrees the cooler the better take into consideration bigger IC and H/c pipes also help
Sponsored