TSP Stage 1+ ?

likewater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I haven’t put a ton of miles on it yet, but I am really enjoying it so far. I feel a difference for sure. Seems smoother and the power just feels better on the 1.5R.

If you don’t have 93 available or at the least e85 to mix in, I would not suggest the 1+ or R tunes.
If you can't find e85, you can also mix in unleaded 100 octane race gas. I put in 3 gallons and the rest 91 - the car runs great.
Sponsored

2020PearlSi

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you can't find e85, you can also mix in unleaded 100 octane race gas. I put in 3 gallons and the rest 91 - the car runs great.
True. They mention 100 oct as well, but I feel that’s not as common to find as e85. Glad it’s running smooth for you. It’s totally worth it if you have the fuel options available.

KTunedtoStock

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I haven’t put a ton of miles on it yet, but I am really enjoying it so far. I feel a difference for sure. Seems smoother and the power just feels better on the 1.5R.

If you don’t have 93 available or at the least e85 to mix in, I would not suggest the 1+ or R tunes.
Really disappointed in this. I chose tsp 1+ over phearable 1.5R. Regret. Waiting on tsp 1+ tomorroq

likewater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What PSI are you guys seeing from the STG 1+ tune? The most I'm seeing is 23 on Map 3 - according to the TSP site, I should be getting 26 PSI. I am around 2500 ft above sea level so this may have something to do with it. Just wondering what others are seeing.

Razzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Hey any chance you can post an update on Stage 1+ vs 1.5R ? I'm currently running 1+ and love it, but I want to try 1.5R just for the hell of it.. worth it ?

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Dont flex fuel tunes put out more power than normal 93 octane tunes?
The one I’m running (Phearable 2.5) does for sure. I’m sticking with the 250whp/280wtq map since its just above my power goal of 250whp/250wtq, but I did do a 2nd, 3rd, 4th pull on the 280whp/320wtq map and it’s friggin bonkers. The main reason I like running E30 though is for consistency. I was tired of wondering what ethanol percentage I was at while adding 1.5gal to my 91oct gas. Now my fuel trims are always bang on and I never leave .49 kcon.

KTunedtoStock

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
What PSI are you guys seeing from the STG 1+ tune? The most I'm seeing is 23 on Map 3 - according to the TSP site, I should be getting 26 PSI. I am around 2500 ft above sea level so this may have something to do with it. Just wondering what others are seeing.
In 2nd gear I see 23, in 3rd gear I see up to 28. Same for 4th I think they set a custom BBG for their tune.

likewater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
In 2nd gear I see 23, in 3rd gear I see up to 28. Same for 4th I think they set a custom BBG for their tune.
Thanks. I am seeing 23 in 3rd - pretty much the only gear I really run it hard (3500+ RPM) - stock clutch. Because of that, I haven't paid attention to what I'm getting in any of the other gears. I may go in and set BBG - then retest and see what that shows.

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I've seen 26PSI+ in gears 2-5. Most I've seen in 1st gear is 24 I think. Stock clutch and this was also before I put in my Race MAF intake.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
So does anyone have more comparisons between tsp stage 1+ vs phearable 1.5R? So far only one individual has said phearable is smoother and feels like it pulls harder.

Razzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So does anyone have more comparisons between tsp stage 1+ vs phearable 1.5R? So far only one individual has said phearable is smoother and feels like it pulls harder.
I switched from Stage 1+ to Phearable 1.5 (NOT R) mostly because I was tired of hunting for 93-94 octane. It's not readily available in my area, but 91 is everywhere. I also heard that Phearable 1.5 was way smoother than TSP Stage 1, so I figured let's give it a try.

Honestly while there is clearly a difference in power, it's hardly noticeable. I don't race or go to the track or anything so it's perfect for me. The thing with the "smoothness" is it's all about Rev Hang. Something about 2020s not playing nice without Rev hang. With TSP Stage 1+ without Rev hang it wouldn't feel smooth at all, jerking as soon as I left off the gas at any speed/gear. With Rev hang on (cruise control on) it was much better.

Phearable is aware of this issue, so for 2020 models, they leave Rev hang on in their tune. But I think it's tuned a little so it's not as bad as stock, but it's just just enough to prevent the jerkiness. I haven't tried Phearable 1.5R but I can vouch for 1.5 - it's great!
Sponsored

Last edited: