2020PearlSi

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Bummer, I was hoping that would be fixed by now. I know it’s a Ktuner issue, but maybe @Two Step Performance could lean on them a bit? At this point it’s pretty much the only thing stopping me from tuning.
what you quoted me on was my issues with TSP1 just FYI.

I think it has definitely improved on the Plus tune
Sponsored

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Purchased TSP 1+ last week; I was previously on TSP 1. So far, I have driven ~50 miles and I'm a big fan. For my driving style, it is a significant improvement. I was coming from a Mazdaspeed 3 and, even with TSP 1, I felt the Si didn't quite have enough punch for my taste. With the upgrade to TSP 1+, I have reached the power level and responsiveness I desire - and am no longer looking into other power mods. For reference, my car (2018 Si) is entirely stock from a power perspective. With TSP 1+, my fuel trims have been steady between 0 and -1, and my knock control seems locked at .49.

I originally started with the KTuner basemaps, and really appreciated their peppy low-end; made for an exciting drive. Moving to TSP 1, as others have mentioned, really improved the mid-range and high end, at the expense of some low-end responsiveness. I was ok with that. TSP 1 has also been noted to be a little "jerky" - and I was ok with that as well. My Mazdaspeed was extremely jerky - but, really, I came to learn that is a direct correlation to my pedal technique; the direct relationship between pedal and car response made for a very connected feeling to the car, which I appreciate. My one critique of TSP 1 is that, for my driving style, it was a little Jekyll and Hyde; I had to really punch the pedal to get the outstanding response.

Note that my driving style is mature and responsible, with occasional bursts at freeway on-ramps, stop lights and when passing. I have only once "put the pedal to the metal", as they say. I mostly enjoy partial throttle responsiveness and power.

TSP 1+ is a whole different ballgame, for my driving style. The power is linear and effortless. When I push the pedal down a little, the power builds linearly and provides consistent and confident acceleration. I no longer have to mentally remember to really "give it the beans" to get TSP 1 to go - I subconsciously want power, depress the pedal as I naturally would, and the car responds telepathically. It is smoother, yes. It is less jerky as well. More refined is probably a better way to put it - less raw. From an overall power perspective, I had previously (with TSP 1) been jonesing to add one more mod to get to my desired power level - however I was concerned about passing emissions tests, hydrolock, clutch impact, etc. TSP 1+ addressed that - I have no need for an additional mod. Highly recommended.

Edit: I drive exclusively in map 3 and, when on TSP 1, always with sport engaged - to get the full experience. I really like that I don't have to toggle the sport button on TSP 1+ when in map 3; while a minor thing, it helps me feel that the car is naturally powerful.

Last edited:

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Purchased TSP 1+ last week; I was previously on TSP 1. So far, I have driven ~50 miles and I'm a big fan. For my driving style, it is a significant improvement. I was coming from a Mazdaspeed 3 and, even with TSP 1, I felt the Si didn't quite have enough punch for my taste. With the upgrade to TSP 1+, I have reached the power level and responsiveness I desire - and am no longer looking into other power mods. For reference, my car (2018 Si) is entirely stock from a power perspective. With TSP 1+, my fuel trims have been steady between 0 and -1, and my knock control seems locked at .49.

I originally started with the KTuner basemaps, and really appreciated their peppy low-end; made for an exciting drive. Moving to TSP 1, as others have mentioned, really improved the mid-range and high end, at the expense of some low-end responsiveness. I was ok with that. TSP 1 has also been noted to be a little "jerky" - and I was ok with that as well. My Mazdaspeed was extremely jerky - but, really, I came to learn that is a direct correlation to my pedal technique; the direct relationship between pedal and car response made for a very connected feeling to the car, which I appreciate. My one critique of TSP 1 is that, for my driving style, it was a little Jekyll and Hyde; I had to really punch the pedal to get the outstanding response.

Note that my driving style is mature and responsible, with occasional bursts at freeway on-ramps, stop lights and when passing. I have only once "put the pedal to the metal", as they say. I mostly enjoy partial throttle responsiveness and power.

TSP 1+ is a whole different ballgame, for my driving style. The power is linear and effortless. When I push the pedal down a little, the power builds linearly and provides consistent and confident acceleration. I no longer have to mentally remember to really "give it the beans" to get TSP 1 to go - I subconsciously want power, depress the pedal as I naturally would, and the car responds telepathically. It is smoother, yes. It is less jerky as well. More refined is probably a better way to put it - less raw. From an overall power perspective, I had previously (with TSP 1) been jonesing to add one more mod to get to my desired power level - however I was concerned about passing emissions tests, hydrolock, clutch impact, etc. TSP 1+ addressed that - I have no need for an additional mod. Highly recommended.

Edit: I drive exclusively in map 3 and, when on TSP 1, always with sport engaged - to get the full experience. I really like that I don't have to toggle the sport button on TSP 1+ when in map 3; while a minor thing, it helps me feel that the car is naturally powerful.
Stock clutch? Keep us updated on how it holds up

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag

Nice review, my driving style look at the same as you! I'm on tsp stage 1 and I think it will be one of my birthday gift for my self ! Still on stock clutch map 3 everery days with 55k kilo tuned approching 100k kilo here... ?? anyway with snow here its pretty useless to get it now .

Your stock RRM still holding it? I changed mine for a 27won and very helped shifting and wheel hop.

Last edited:

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Your stock RRM still holding it? I changed mine for a 27won and very helped shifting and wheel hop.
Yes, stock rear motor mount still fine; my wife isn’t a fan of excess vibration (didn’t care for the Mazdaspeed), so I’ve shied away from that mod.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Yes, stock rear motor mount still fine; my wife isn’t a fan of excess vibration (didn’t care for the Mazdaspeed), so I’ve shied away from that mod.
Yea RMM its not for everyone changed mine because I hated the feeling when u shift the motor was moving alot.

Last edited:

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
I'm thinking that a ktuner with this tune, a nice noisy intake, and a RMM might be my first power mods. I'm not super worried about the clutch (right now) cause I'm rarely planting my foot on my daily commute.

The RMM sounds good cause I can feel the engine rocking when I drive hard and my shifts aren't as accurate as I'd like them to be. Increasing the power would make that worse.

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket I'd like to get rid of on car bits.

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
I'm thinking that a ktuner with this tune, a nice noisy intake, and a RMM might be my first power mods. I'm not super worried about the clutch (right now) cause I'm rarely planting my foot on my daily commute.

The RMM sounds good cause I can feel the engine rocking when I drive hard and my shifts aren't as accurate as I'd like them to be. Increasing the power would make that worse.

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket I'd like to get rid of on car bits.
the PRL short ram and Ktuner with TSP Stage 1 is???

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
  • Increased warm idle speed to eliminate vibration from aftermarket mounts.
Does anyone know what the idle speed has been changed to and if this is user changeable for people who do not have aftermarket mounts and want factory idle speed?

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
So how is the tsp stage 1 + so far? I have plenty of access to 93 but I don’t know the quality of it and from what I have searched so far can’t find e85 where I’m at so a little cautious of putting on my car. Anyone running it on straight 93 and if so what gas station are you getting it from. Here so far wawa, Sunoco and shell has it not sure which is best.

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
So how is the tsp stage 1 + so far? I have plenty of access to 93 but I don’t know the quality of it and from what I have searched so far can’t find e85 where I’m at so a little cautious of putting on my car. Anyone running it on straight 93 and if so what gas station are you getting it from. Here so far wawa, Sunoco and shell has it not sure which is best.

You don't have to worry about the quality or the brand of 93. Its standard octane rating that is regulated by the government. The whole thing about blending with e85 is more for people who live in California and don't have access to higher octane fuel. Just load up the tune and watch the knock control for a few weeks to make sure its around 0.5 and you'll be fine.

The clutch is still going to be the biggest area of concern with any tune.

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
You don't have to worry about the quality or the brand of 93. Its standard octane rating that is regulated by the government. The whole thing about blending with e85 is more for people who live in California and don't have access to higher octane fuel. Just load up the tune and watch the knock control for a few weeks to make sure its around 0.5 and you'll be fine.

The clutch is still going to be the biggest area of concern with any tune.
i did not know that so awesome thanks. Also I have a stage 2 competition clutch with a kzcmc so not worried about my clutch and I don’t really wot much anyways.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just make sure the fuel is top-tier certified, which most major brand are
Sponsored