milkyZ5

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello all, I purchased my K Tuner about a month ago and finally decided to hit the trigger on the TSP stage 1 tune. Before that, I was running a base map with 21psi and I liked how I could feel the car pull with the new boost level. However with nub TSP time I feel like I lost that pull I loved. I noticed I only get 15psi until I finally hit 5000 rpm, that’s when the car goes up to 21. Anyways, is that normal? I feel much more power with the base map. FYI I did wait about a month for Derek to send me my tune, they said my tune would have to be different because I have a 2020 model. What do you guys think.
Sponsored

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
TSP Stage 1 pulls a lot harder at the top-end compared to the KTuner tunes (e.g. On the highway to pass someone, etc.). If you prefer really quick acceleration at the low end, then the base tunes are probably better for you (though I found tire spin was always there, though I probably could have tweaked the settings more).

Also, make sure you are on Map 3. On Map 3, my PSI will read a bit higher than 21 at WOT usually.

OP
OP

milkyZ5

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What do you guys mean use map 3? I got the file from TSP and saved it, then uploaded it to my Ktuner but that was about it. Just a single option. I have never seen over 21psi, and like I’ve said I only get it after 5k rpm. Before that I only reach 15psi and it feels sooo slow. Should I contact TSP or is this how it’s suppose to be?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The TSP tune has 3 maps switchable on the fly using the cc buttons. Map 1 is stock-like, Map 2 is more like a 16-17 psi tune and Map 3 is the "real" TSP Stage 1 that peaks near 24psi.

As far as the feel of KTuner base versus Derek's TSP, you're right, they are tuned differently , Derek is going for a smooth, linear feel where power peaks at a higher rpm. JR's KTuner tune feels more potent down low but fizzles and goes flat on the top end.

I know what you mean about missing the low end ooomph. But in the long run, I prefer Derek's setup with it's linear throttle.

OP
OP

milkyZ5

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I learned after reading acouple more posts and going to the TSP website that I never received instructions about on the fly switching. You guys left me wondering what you were talking about so I looked it up. After I read on how to do it, I tried it out and yup. I was able to switch maps. Thank you guys for helping out.
Sponsored