Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TSP STAGE 1 TUNE didn't turn out to be as advertised and I have additional mods.
Blue- TSP
Red- Custom
I know custom always gets more power out of a tune. But when they advertise numbers and it don't match then that's when people need to see lol.

32F3EDAB-15FB-44E8-A2D4-D54A701DC2D6.jpeg
How did it not deliver on promise? The delta you show looks similar to what's advertised to me. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman explained ramp excellently. I’ll dive in on BBG settings on the TSP Stage 1 tune from my experience, I’m by no means an expert. There are already some boost limits of sorts in gear 1 and 2. The full Monty 24.5 psi is available in 3,4,5,6. I left 1,2,3 alone because I wasn’t blowing the tires off. 4th I set the BBG to 20psi with ramp (full boost after 4K rpm) just to limit stress on clutch under 4K. I limit boost to 15psi in 5,6 to also reduce stress on clutch....besides, 4th is good for well over 100mph, having full power in 5,6 is useless to me, so might as well save my clutch. Having zero issues right now and will keep it that way for many years.
15psi in 5th/6th gear makes perfect sense! Driving this morning i was watching how much boost the car makes (bone stock and sport mode off) in 5th/6th it was around 15 when you'd depress about 30%.
Thanks for this info man. This post may have finally pushed me over the edge to purchase Ktuner from TSP lol My clutch is all im worried about! After reading people at 5k with ktuner already having to get a new clutch? I'm over here like do people just not know how to drive stick or is that much more psi that deadly lol I had a 350z and never had a clutch replacement even at 100k. Granted totally different engine/clutch/everything but still, less than 30k on a car and you need a clutch? thats nuts!

Thanks everyone else for the info! :thumbsup:

Aguirre129

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I caved and bought one yesterday before noon and it arrived today at 10am. That's extremely fast shipping if you ask me. I tried the standard ktuner 19/23psi base map (i think thats the right psi) and it wasn't bad. Once I flashed the TSP stage 1 tune, holy ****. Map 3 is no joke, it absolutely woke up my SI. Overall I am happy with this purchase and am debating even adding a downpipe. I may just add an intake for the sound and thats it. I'm not trying to go full on race mode since its my daily, so I am going to tweak the BBG a little. What someone said earlier i think the last gear to go full boost is 4th since going into 5th you'll probably end up with a ticket. :D Super easy install by the way.

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No one disputes the TSP tune is better than the ktuner base maps. It's curiosity about how the MAP tune compares. The only numbers I've seen for it are on their site and in their build threads and 1/4 times
just got ktuner from map today, and just got emailed the tsp tune.

i think map did NOT preload their....map...so ill update you in this thread when i hear back from MAP.

There were options in the tune for "improved throttle response" "improved turbo spool" and something else, each with corresponding levels...idk if thats a basic ktuner thing so maybe it did come preloaded with MAP's tune? I really cant tell. I do know that MAP wanted my ktuner serial number in their website, but it didnt allow for the right amount of characters (HUGE turnoff, dont do it automated, TSP let me just put it in the description of the order. I could've put googlypants30303030 if that was it, whereas as MAP essentially forced me to put "googlypa" and then not send me the tune because of an invalid serial number.......................)

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
just got ktuner from map today, and just got emailed the tsp tune.

i think map did NOT preload their....map...so ill update you in this thread when i hear back from MAP.

There were options in the tune for "improved throttle response" "improved turbo spool" and something else, each with corresponding levels...idk if thats a basic ktuner thing so maybe it did come preloaded with MAP's tune? I really cant tell. I do know that MAP wanted my ktuner serial number in their website, but it didnt allow for the right amount of characters (HUGE turnoff, dont do it automated, TSP let me just put it in the description of the order. I could've put googlypants30303030 if that was it, whereas as MAP essentially forced me to put "googlypa" and then not send me the tune because of an invalid serial number.......................)
The tunes you are seeing on the Ktuner are their base tunes. You want to load the the TSP Stage 1 tune (or MAP tune if that is what they are sending you) file by selecting it, which would be stored on your hard drive once you save it

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did it not deliver on promise? The delta you show looks similar to what's advertised to me. Am I missing something?
They say 237whp / 281tq which clearly nowhere near those numbers with their tune alone and I have added shit

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They say 237whp / 281tq which clearly nowhere near those numbers with their tune alone and I have added shit
Maybe I'm not looking at the graph right. Hope you can get it resolved

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe I'm not looking at the graph right. Hope you can get it resolved
Not to be a dick or asshole but I clearly stated which color was tune, if you can't understand what's blue or red then idk what to tell you dude. The numbers don't lie

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not to be a dick or asshole but I clearly stated which color was tune, if you can't understand what's blue or red then idk what to tell you dude. The numbers don't lie
Pre and post numbers. Percent change?

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The numbers alone show the difference dude lmaaoo why you worried bout the percentage change
Dyno pulls vary. Percent change is how gains are measured

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dyno pulls vary. Percent change is how gains are measured
Gains are measured by the dyno alone lmao. The number speak for themselves so i don't really know why you're tryna beat around that honestly. Numbers are there lol you don't wanna accept the fact that their tune isn't as advertised don't know what else to tell you boss

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gains are measured by the dyno alone lmao. The number speak for themselves so i don't really know why you're tryna beat around that honestly. Numbers are there lol you don't wanna accept the fact that their tune isn't as advertised don't know what else to tell you boss
Those advertised numbers are from that dyno on that car at that time with that weather. That car will have different numbers on the dyno your car ran on and vice versa.

Dyno pulls are to get a baseline and then measure percent change. Your car will get different numbers on the same dyno you posted on if you run it again tomorrow.

That's why percent change matters

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
The dyno i look at had 233/264 vs advertised 236/271? So is that the issue? A discrepancy of 3/7?

I dont follow, thats almost identical numbers.

Oh i see, custom tune. Let me ask this, all the extra hardware you have, is the tsp tune you purchased set up to support SAME hardware? As in intake for example, if you had one. Theb what is the tsp ots tune you have purchased a tune specifically for?

You cant just slap hardware on if the tune isnt set for same hardware.

And thats on top what other person said. Your dyno 200 could be 220 on another, or viceversa.

Last edited:

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
TSP STAGE 1 TUNE didn't turn out to be as advertised and I have additional mods.
Blue- TSP
Red- Custom
I know custom always gets more power out of a tune. But when they advertise numbers and it don't match then that's when people need to see lol.

32F3EDAB-15FB-44E8-A2D4-D54A701DC2D6.jpeg
What fuel was being used, and what's your location?
Sponsored