Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
...and that’s why I set up my BBG the way I did. This is mostly to preserve clutch life in case a whoops happens and I go heavy throttle in higher gear. It also suits my driving perfectly.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
[OPINION] The target boost for various maps/modes is just that... a target. I think your right foot is the most important factor here. Driving around with light throttle in Map 3 can't be significantly riskier to your engine than hard throttle in Map 1. Just my thoughts.
I agree with you, but like me, you have the non-Si turbo. I definitely feel like I can get good mpg's and reduce wear and tear going moderate on the throttle no matter what map I'm using. From what I'm reading here, the Si might be set up differently in regard to throttle position and boost targets.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was taken from an article talking about HP and TQ numbers “. The Dyno operator and the actual Dyno machine style give different HP numbers, air moisture content, altitude, fuel style and quality, and so on can also change HP ratings.”

Here is a graph showing one company and their dyno results on my bike, completely stock.
The other graph is my actual bike from my mechanics dyno. The HP line isn’t much lower but it is lower than the other graph. The TQ line is much lower. Now how much will that change once your over 200 HP and TQ?

And the dyno results we see are from the companies themselves, not a 3rd party not affiliated with either to give an unbiased opinion. All companies inflate their numbers making one believe theirs is the best choice.

You could take our car, the Si, both OTS tunes from MAP and TSP, not a custom tune, take it to 5 shops that each have a different “Brand” dyno and you’ll get 5 different results. That’s the results I want to see. How much of a difference there really is between both these companies.

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 1 54E22E30-A66A-4E40-B8C8-58D607B0E2A7

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 1 3448F7EC-B40C-4006-8D25-3DAA45DF31A6

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey @Gotch & @fenix-silver (or anyone for that matter)
I've seen a decent amount of threads regarding the does and donts in order to save our cars clutches, rods/pistons etc... after getting ktuner TSP Stage 1. The only one i have is @amirza786 "joined the Ktuner world" which was plenty helpful. Would you guys happen to have any "Watched Threads" that would dive further into ktuner and what "ramp" & "bbg" mean or "how to's" in order to setup these safety measures? Just stuff of that nature. I apologize for being lazy and not taking the time to really search through all threads regarding this common topic (im at work lol). Dont trip if you guys dont have any saved, just curious so it can save me some time lol:dunno:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Boost ramp rate controls how quickly you "ramp up" to hit the boost target. The more aggressive settings hit the target faster.

Boost by gear allows you to limit the psi in any gear you chose to limit wear and tear and in lower gears, to limit wheelspin.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
This was taken from an article talking about HP and TQ numbers “. The Dyno operator and the actual Dyno machine style give different HP numbers, air moisture content, altitude, fuel style and quality, and so on can also change HP ratings.”

Here is a graph showing one company and their dyno results on my bike, completely stock.
The other graph is my actual bike from my mechanics dyno. The HP line isn’t much lower but it is lower than the other graph. The TQ line is much lower. Now how much will that change once your over 200 HP and TQ?

And the dyno results we see are from the companies themselves, not a 3rd party not affiliated with either to give an unbiased opinion. All companies inflate their numbers making one believe theirs is the best choice.

You could take our car, the Si, both OTS tunes from MAP and TSP, not a custom tune, take it to 5 shops that each have a different “Brand” dyno and you’ll get 5 different results. That’s the results I want to see. How much of a difference there really is between both these companies.

54E22E30-A66A-4E40-B8C8-58D607B0E2A7.png

3448F7EC-B40C-4006-8D25-3DAA45DF31A6.jpeg
Search around, you'll find those results. TSP isn't tuning squat anyway, it's Derek that's done all the testing, tuning, and dynoing. You're not telling us anything we don't already know. Derek isn't fluffing/inflating any numbers. Besides, the delta is what matters, as well as the performance on the street/track. If the tune wasn't making the power it says it is, it wouldn't result in faster ET's and trap speeds. Of course, results will vary by conditions, fuel, dyno, locale etc.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No one disputes the TSP tune is better than the ktuner base maps. It's curiosity about how the MAP tune compares. The only numbers I've seen for it are on their site and in their build threads and 1/4 times

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
No one disputes the TSP tune is better than the ktuner base maps. It's curiosity about how the MAP tune compares. The only numbers I've seen for it are on their site and in their build threads and 1/4 times
I don't think too many people care how MAP tunes compare, since hardly no one is running them, and for good reason. That's likely why you haven't seen any independent dynos of that product.

OP
OP

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Hey @Gotch & @fenix-silver (or anyone for that matter)
I've seen a decent amount of threads regarding the does and donts in order to save our cars clutches, rods/pistons etc... after getting ktuner TSP Stage 1. The only one i have is @amirza786 "joined the Ktuner world" which was plenty helpful. Would you guys happen to have any "Watched Threads" that would dive further into ktuner and what "ramp" & "bbg" mean or "how to's" in order to setup these safety measures? Just stuff of that nature. I apologize for being lazy and not taking the time to really search through all threads regarding this common topic (im at work lol). Dont trip if you guys dont have any saved, just curious so it can save me some time lol:dunno:
@gtman explained ramp excellently. I’ll dive in on BBG settings on the TSP Stage 1 tune from my experience, I’m by no means an expert. There are already some boost limits of sorts in gear 1 and 2. The full Monty 24.5 psi is available in 3,4,5,6. I left 1,2,3 alone because I wasn’t blowing the tires off. 4th I set the BBG to 20psi with ramp (full boost after 4K rpm) just to limit stress on clutch under 4K. I limit boost to 15psi in 5,6 to also reduce stress on clutch....besides, 4th is good for well over 100mph, having full power in 5,6 is useless to me, so might as well save my clutch. Having zero issues right now and will keep it that way for many years.

SleepyBoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Boost ramp rate controls how quickly you "ramp up" to hit the boost target. The more aggressive settings hit the target faster.

Boost by gear allows you to limit the psi in any gear you chose to limit wear and tear and in lower gears, to limit wheelspin.
So my KTuner with the TSP Stage 1 arrives tomorrow and I've never used anything like KTuner before. How do I go about limiting PSI by gear? I want to limit the boost in 5th and 6th so I can, hopefully, preserve the clutch for longer.

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TSP STAGE 1 TUNE didn't turn out to be as advertised and I have additional mods.
Blue- TSP
Red- Custom
I know custom always gets more power out of a tune. But when they advertise numbers and it don't match then that's when people need to see lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 1 32F3EDAB-15FB-44E8-A2D4-D54A701DC2D6

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So my KTuner with the TSP Stage 1 arrives tomorrow and I've never used anything like KTuner before. How do I go about limiting PSI by gear? I want to limit the boost in 5th and 6th so I can, hopefully, preserve the clutch for longer.
After you open the tune in KTuner you can still change certain available settings from the left column. Theres a page for boost by gear, with 6 dropdowns 1 for each gear. Set how you want them, save the file as a seperate tune (save as) so you still have the OTB TSP tune and flash with the modified. This way you can always compare to your own tweaks if you want or need.
Sponsored