First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually the difference is 25-30 WHP. So the difference is substantial.
I wonder what tsp is doing differently than MAP- but hey as long as it isn’t running so lean that I throw a rod, I’m good!

Assuming ~$100 for the TSP download and I can put it on my ktuner? I’m rly excited about this mod!
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I wonder what tsp is doing differently than MAP- but hey as long as it isn’t running so lean that I throw a rod, I’m good!

Assuming ~$100 for the TSP download and I can put it on my ktuner? I’m rly excited about this mod!

When you buy the tune from TSP they will send you the tune file in an email. Save the file to your pc, open the tune file in Ktuner and flash your ECU.
Just make sure you use the right file, I believe they still send 2 versions, one for race MAF and one for stock/street MAF.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
is it possible for a tuner to dial in the TSP base tune into a custom tune?
Like the poster above said, it's locked. The reason being, a tuner like Derek works on a tune for a long time and if another tuner simply "tweaked" Derek's tune, it's essentially stealing.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah... you're hurting to get much more than 200 whp on basemaps… with the last 1000-1500 RPMs pretty lackluster, since power is falling out. TSP gets you a claimed 237 whp, and that's bone stock... and power doesn't fall out up top like the basemaps do. It was tested for awhile for it because available and has a year of history as being out.

You can get a custom tune/etune and there may be a little more left over the TSP stage 1 on a stock car, as it still is a little conservative. I doubt there's much left though. 237 whp, given the weight of our cars, actually matches the power/weight ratio of a K20C4 powered Accord. Compared to stock, it's over a 25% increase in power.

I looked at MAPs curve and it looks nice. Not overly peaky in the midrange (Vits Stage tuned back when you could get hem were overly peaky IMO) and power holding pretty flat but not falling out heading to redline. Even with TSP holding the market for awhile and having over a year of history behind it now... plus an impending non-Si tune release... having other options is always good. *I* wouldn't buy the other tune now that I already have my TSP on and got it just a few days after they released it... but I bet they feel roughly the same. Power delivery might be a smidge different. TSP is a little less punchy right when you get on the throttle compared to how I remember the baemaps… just a little more linear.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When purchasing the TSP tune, type "civicx" at the payment screen (promo code link) and you'll pay 5% less. $75.99 is even better, right?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
When purchasing the TSP tune, type "civicx" at the payment screen (promo code link) and you'll pay 5% less. $75.99 is even better, right?
...now you tell me.... lol!

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I say this for those that plan on having the car stock like no type of mods like intake,exhaust,and bigger turbo...I say for the most part just get a tune and the Ktuner with TSP stage 1 will be perfect. You will enjoy the car A LOT more. Map 1 is fun in either sport mode or normal. Car is a different animal.

OP
OP

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
The more I drive with this tune the more I love it. Even map1 just cruising around, so smooth, instant throttle response and the way the boost ramp builds and doesn’t run out up top.

Reactions: mjh

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
I say this for those that plan on having the car stock like no type of mods like intake,exhaust,and bigger turbo...I say for the most part just get a tune and the Ktuner with TSP stage 1 will be perfect. You will enjoy the car A LOT more. Map 1 is fun in either sport mode or normal. Car is a different animal.
I think some ppl are concerned about voiding their warranty if shtf scenario.

Otherwise yes, couldnt agree more. Your experience w civic echos mine with my 2018 wrx.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The more I drive with this tune the more I love it. Even map1 just cruising around, so smooth, instant throttle response and the way the boost ramp builds and doesn’t run out up top.
I have the non-Si version of the tune and I agree 100%. The tune feels completely different than the KTuner base tune I was running. With the KTuner tune and maxed out quick adjustments, the low and midrange felt potent but after 5,000 power tailed off.

With the TSP Stage 1, the low end feels a bit softer (still plenty of smooth power) but at 4,000 RPM you can feel a huge rush of power and it continues even past 6,000. As good as the Ktuner tune was, this tune is smoother and more potent.

OP
OP

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
On the Si the basemaps fizzled around 4500rpm or so, flat after an insane rush of torque at 2500 or so. Top end is way better and the tune really suits what I want.
Sponsored