Tsp stage 1 with prl cobra ,prl intercooler kit and dp + fp ! Compatible ?

Hamza Tariq

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.5T cvt
Country flag
I just bought k tuner v 1.2 ... installed Prl cobra , prl intercooler kit and front pipe plus downpipe on my car honda civic x 1.5t cvt ... i am confused to go between tsp stage 1 or custom tune by derek Robinson... concerning safety of my cvt and being budget less now ,is the tsp stage 1 compatible with this setup or its necessary to get derek Robinson tune , as maybe i have gone too far ?
Sponsored

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
I just bought k tuner v 1.2 ... installed Prl cobra , prl intercooler kit and front pipe plus downpipe on my car honda civic x 1.5t cvt ... i am confused to go between tsp stage 1 or custom tune by derek Robinson... concerning safety of my cvt and being budget less now ,is the tsp stage 1 compatible with this setup or its necessary to get derek Robinson tune , as maybe i have gone too far ?
its not needed but highly recommended as this will cause alot of lower end torque which is not good for internals. get pro tuned

OP
OP
Hamza Tariq

Hamza Tariq

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.5T cvt
Country flag

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
just a pre-made tune like TSP

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind the TSP 1 allows you to use quick boost by gear. Using this in the lower "gears" will limit power/torque and will help protect the CVT. One of the ways you can set up boost by gear is to have it boost reduced below 4,000 rpm and ramp up to full boost above 4,000. OP, are you coupe, sedan or hatchback?

OP
OP
Hamza Tariq

Hamza Tariq

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.5T cvt
Country flag
Keep in mind the TSP 1 allows you to use quick boost by gear. Using this in the lower "gears" will limit power/torque and will help protect the CVT. One of the ways you can set up boost by gear is to have it boost reduced below 4,000 rpm and ramp up to full boost above 4,000. OP, are you coupe, sedan or hatchback?
I am using a sedan
Both tsp and phearable say that they lower torque at lower rpms ...then what is the difference?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
They are saying they lower torque a bit down low compared to a manual tune. You can further protect the CVT using boost by gear even in an off the shelf tune like those.

OP
OP
Hamza Tariq

Hamza Tariq

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.5T cvt
Country flag
Adding exhaust like of hks or magnaflow will improve power ?
Sponsored