Razzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There's a lot of comparison between the older versions of these but not the new ones.. Anyone have any real world comparison between these tunes ?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
As far as direct comparisions, right now I think the issue is this. Most people that had the TSP Stage 1 used the discounted upgrade and switched to the TSP 1+. And most people with the Phearable 1.5 upgraded to the R version of that tune.

Best bet is to find reviews in the TSP 1+ and Phearable 1.5R threads and compare those.

Last edited:

Crowe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
As far as direct comparisions, right now I think the issue is this. Most people that had the TSP Stage 1 used the discounted upgrade and switched to the TSP 1+. And most people with the Phearable 1.5 upgraded to the R version of that tune.

Best bet is to find reviews in the TSP 1+ and Phearable 1.5R threads and compare those.
That is the exact reason why I started watching the thread but hadn't weighed in. I upgraded to TSP Stage 1+ and don't really want to spend $150 on a tune just to compare. However if someone else does so and says they prefer the 1.5R tune, I may be tempted to try it out. I will say that I am quite happy with the power bump and drivability improvements vs TSP stage 1.

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is the exact reason why I started watching the thread but hadn't weighed in. I upgraded to TSP Stage 1+ and don't really want to spend $150 on a tune just to compare. However if someone else does so and says they prefer the 1.5R tune, I may be tempted to try it out. I will say that I am quite happy with the power bump and drivability improvements vs TSP stage 1.
Are you on stock clutch? I had the tsp stages 1 and had no issues on stock clutch but I wonder if the + will send it over lol

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I'm on the stock clutch. Ran TSP Stage 1 on map 3 for a bit over 10,000 miles. Been running 1+ on map 3 without any issues whatsoever. Currently sitting at about 71,000 miles on the odometer.
Good stuff I guess I probably pull the trigger on 1+. I like the discount they are offering. So do you have to have sport mode on to get max power still?

Crowe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Good stuff I guess I probably pull the trigger on 1+. I like the discount they are offering. So do you have to have sport mode on to get max power still?

Yes, sport mode map 3 all day haha. I rip on it at least a few times a day, always taking care not to lug the engine, especially in 4th-6th.

edit: I just remembered, 1+ has map 3 having the same PSI numbers, but either way, I like the throttle and steering response on sport mode.

OP
OP
Razzak

Razzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I will say that I am quite happy with the power bump and drivability improvements vs TSP stage 1.
Glad to hear this, I ordered a KTuner with Stage 1+ from TSP just last week. Can't wait for it to arrive !

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I just ordered TSP 1+. Hope it's worth it.