First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Rs
Country flag
Hi guys,

Just had a quick question. So I'm running the PRL CAI, prl catless dp/fp and a rev 9 intercooler. My car is CVT and I was wondering whether getting a custom tune from Derek would be the right way to go. I'm really enjoying the TSP tune however my car is running rich (10.5 at WOT). A problem however that Im having is that there is really bad fuel here ( Im located in Pakistan) . I plan on running flex fuel in the future so was planning on getting a custom tune regardless, but wanted to know whether i would feel a difference between a custom tune and the tsp tune on pump gas. Thanks a lot and apologies for the novice questions.
Sponsored

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so my friend, i have TSP and MAP stage 1, but dyno tuned my FRS at the place across the street from Henessey in TX.

TSPor MAP ar GREAT, custom tune is like, so fine tuned to your cars idiosyncrasies that its bananas. FIND A GOOD TUNER, my evo had to visit 3 cuz the first two insisted on 29psi and it knocked all the way to hell. Some have ego problems, some dont care, some treat you like you are God and keep your car for a week to ensure its perfect.

my dyno tune required them to borrow the car, and they gave me a (fast) loaner- inquire before you hitch rides. Sign of a good tuner imho.

DO NOT LET A "CUSTOM TUNE" BE A RANDOM FORUM PERSON OR ACQUAINTANCE WHO "DOES GOOD TUNES" - GO TO A TUNER WITH A DYNOGRAPH WHO SPECIALIZES IN YOUR CAR

clipse3gt omg, doing highway pulls while he used a laptop and goofed so much that a NASA engineer-turned-modder couldnt fix it lol

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have read many stories of the poor average fuel quality in Pakistan causing trouble when tuning a 10th gen Civic there. Keeping them rich is the only way to keep them from knocking.

If you have access to flex fuel, that is absolutely the route I would go and of course custom tune at that point.

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes, if fuel is inconsistent, get a custom tune, and ask for it to be a bit conservative with the air/fuel ratio (run rich not lean)

Willlytleee

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Does anyone know how to send the data logs back to Derek Robinson I’m kinda stuck in the middle right now and a little uneducated on ktuner.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Does anyone know how to send the data logs back to Derek Robinson I’m kinda stuck in the middle right now and a little uneducated on ktuner.
send him a mial or probably he may have a set of instructions on how to do it.
Sponsored