TSP Stage 1 Tune vs Custom

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there anyone here who had a TSP stage 1 tune and then went to Derek and had a custom tune done afterwards? To squeeze out every little bit that you could since the TSP is kind of a generic tune but a good one nevertheless.

If anyone has already went this route, what was the difference in hp/tq that you gained from going TSP Stage 1 to a custom tune? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Is there anyone here who had a TSP stage 1 tune and then went to Derek and had a custom tune done afterwards? To squeeze out every little bit that you could since the TSP is kind of a generic tune but a good one nevertheless.

If anyone has already went this route, what was the difference in hp/tq that you gained from going TSP Stage 1 to a custom tune? Thanks in advance!
Not sure if this helps, but I have TSP stage 2 and reached out to Derek to see if he thinks it’s worth doing a custom tune and his response was there is a bit of improvement left, but he thinks an intercooler would be a better investment.

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag

I have, but I added components along the way. Low end I lost power, but I slipped the entire way. I have a new clutch and fly wheel since then and went through 8 revisions with Derek. I like knowing someone with experience looked at my datalogs. It is sort of a comfort aspect. The TSP tune was to much torque.

Reactions: Myx

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
I also have an intercooler and most mods you can think of, outside a turbo upgrade and built engine and flex fuel

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can’t beat his custom tune lol. Everything is dialed in and pushes way more than TSP stage 1 and or 2

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless you've already completed all other mods or have a chance to win more than the tune is going to cost you, it is likely a waste of resources. The money is much better spent on (or saved towards) other mods at this point, such as a turbo upgrade or flex fuel kit.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Flex fuel and save for trans :D :D

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the responses. Since I have not dyno'd this car yet, I plan on getting a custom tune. I have no expectations. However, it'll be interesting to see where I am currently at, then get it tuned and see the difference between the custom tune and the TSP Stage one tune.

Once I know where I am at with the custom tune, I can then mod and get tuned again to see just how much hp/tq, efficiency, etc I have gained or lost across the whole powerband. Just was curious as to if someone had a TSP tune with whatever mods they had, dyno'd and then got their car customed tuned. Interested to know what their before and after is/was.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have any Flex Fuel in my area btw. I forgot to mention that. It'll be all on 93 octane. Which is ok by me.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Thanks for the responses. Since I have not dyno'd this car yet, I plan on getting a custom tune. I have no expectations. However, it'll be interesting to see where I am currently at, then get it tuned and see the difference between the custom tune and the TSP Stage one tune.

Once I know where I am at with the custom tune, I can then mod and get tuned again to see just how much hp/tq, efficiency, etc I have gained or lost across the whole powerband. Just was curious as to if someone had a TSP tune with whatever mods they had, dyno'd and then got their car customed tuned. Interested to know what their before and after is/was.
Looking forward to the results.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
TSP was offering etunes with Derek but the link is dead. Just curious as to who is doing them now or is it just a matter of reaching out to IMW?
Just curious

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag