First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi guys,

I am a noob at Ktuner. I recently starting using V1.2. I have the TSP1 stage 1 tune. I go to upload the starter dual factor / 21.5 PSI and I start uploading the tune. This is where I have some questions:
1. When I am uploading this tune should the check engine lights and all of the other alarms start flashing?
2. After the tune finishes uploading, should the Ktuner tell me to key my car off and then on?
3. After I upload the tune, how can I tell if its actually uploaded?

I went out and did a few pulls and the Tunerview after "uploading the tune" even though the alarms didnt flash and I was never prompted to key off then on. The Tunerview only showed my getting up to the high 17's in terms of PSI both in regular and sport mode. Is this proof that the tune did not upload because I am not hitting 21.5 in sport mode?

I appreciate the help. Total noob at this.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
During a tune upload, your dash should temporarily light up like a Christmas tree with every known error possible. This is totally expected and normal during a tune upload. Also, you should've been prompted to key off and back on once the upload was finished.

It sure sounds like the tune didn't upload for some reason. I have the V2 and my touch screen shows the upload progress of the tune. When it hits 100%, it will then say "finalizing". And then the key off/on prompts. With the V1.2 did your laptop show a progress bar during the upload?

Last edited:
OP
OP

hmayo123

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for replying. I did show a progress bar during the upload. However no flashing or finalizing once it hits 100%. The progress bar simply disappears and then im left back at the Ktuner menu.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I would go ahead and try to upload the tune again. If the same thing happens (no errors on the dash and no key off prompt), you probably need to contact Ktuner customer support.

OP
OP

hmayo123

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I would go ahead and try to upload the tune again. If the same thing happens (no errors on the dash and no key off prompt), you probably need to contact Ktuner customer support.
Roger that. Will re-attempt tomorrow.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just got my KTuner but I dont see the TSP 1 tunes on my KTuner? Do I need to receive the file from Two Step to load it to the KTuner? I assumed that it would already be loaded on the device for me since I selected that option at purchase.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my KTuner but I dont see the TSP 1 tunes on my KTuner? Do I need to receive the file from Two Step to load it to the KTuner? I assumed that it would already be loaded on the device for me since I selected that option at purchase.
You should get it by email and download it and load it onto your Ktuner and then upload to your car.

kung fu kenny

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I keep getting an error message when I attempt to flash a tune to the ECU. After the erasing progress bar appears it quickly disappears and it says I’m disconnected.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I keep getting an error message when I attempt to flash a tune to the ECU. After the erasing progress bar appears it quickly disappears and it says I’m disconnected.
Do you have V2? Are you trying to load directly to ECU using a laptop?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have V2? Are you trying to load directly to ECU using a laptop?
I just load the tunes from my computer to the V2 and then take my V2 to my car connect to odb2 port and flash it to the ecu.

kung fu kenny

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a v1.2 I’ve tried through a laptop and through tunerview.

kung fu kenny

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The erasing ecu status bar never appears. Instead it prompts me to turn key off wait a few seconds then turn key on and wait a few seconds then click ok. After following those instrusctions it says error

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The erasing ecu status bar never appears. Instead it prompts me to turn key off wait a few seconds then turn key on and wait a few seconds then click ok. After following those instrusctions it says error
Do you have the car started or just turned on? Have you tried re uploading the tune/map using the KTuner software?
Sponsored