TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (Cobra Race Support Included!)

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you typically in normal or sport mode? I've been running map 3 normal mode since I flashed it a few days ago and have been thoroughly impressed. I did try sport mode but damn near felt like I was abusing the car with the crazy amount of boost. I'm pretty confident these stout little engines can take it though based on yours as well as numerous other reviews.
Unless I’m driving on uneven pavement, I’m always in sport mode. The ignition maps should be the same. I think the boost map has a couple of extra pounds to give it the 24.5# peak. Can’t recall if the normal map on the hottest (normally map 3) tune tops out at 21 or 23. If I had my choice, it’d have the same boost targets and sport mode would only add the steering weight and very slightly firmer damper setting.
Sponsored

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Unless I’m driving on uneven pavement, I’m always in sport mode. The ignition maps should be the same. I think the boost map has a couple of extra pounds to give it the 24.5# peak. Can’t recall if the normal map on the hottest (normally map 3) tune tops out at 21 or 23. If I had my choice, it’d have the same boost targets and sport mode would only add the steering weight and very slightly firmer damper setting.
The TSP website says map 3 normal is 19psi which is what I've been seeing. Good to know you are using sport mode most of the time without any issues :thumbsup:

Lunar18Si

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
When installing the race maf intake do you flash the car first with the tsp tune for race maf then install intake and maf or do you install intake and maf before the flash

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
When installing the race maf intake do you flash the car first with the tsp tune for race maf then install intake and maf or do you install intake and maf before the flash
Really doesn't make much of a difference, just don't do too much driving with one and not the other or your fuel trims will be wayyy off.

Lunar18Si

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
How much hp you say a tsp with race prl cai would put u at about

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
How much hp you say a tsp with race prl cai would put u at about
It's tough to get an estimate. On Map 3 you'll be close to 240 whp probably. On Map 1, probably low 200s at the wheels.

Lunar18Si

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Qell it says 20hp with ktuner base map so I assume tsp says around d 237 so say at least 20 that puts u at 250

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Qell it says 20hp with ktuner base map so I assume tsp says around d 237 so say at least 20 that puts u at 250
Yeah again, tough to say for sure. If you want real solid numbers, bring your car to a dyno and have them test it for you.

Lunar18Si

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Right on first time ever having a csr I can take to a dyno whats it usually coast to dyno test a car

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Right on first time ever having a csr I can take to a dyno whats it usually coast to dyno test a car
Depends where you are. Usually around $400-600 for them to custom tune your ride to maximize performance for your vehicle

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Just bought and installed the TSP tune. Looking forward to putting it through the paces. I had a bit of clutch slip at times on the base map 2, so I'll be interested to see if this is easier on the clutch. So nice that the latest Ktuner updates now allow some additional customizations. I was really hesitant to go w/ a locked tune that was using the standard throttle padding, but now I can set it as I see fit.

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just bought and installed the TSP tune. Looking forward to putting it through the paces. I had a bit of clutch slip at times on the base map 2, so I'll be interested to see if this is easier on the clutch. So nice that the latest Ktuner updates now allow some additional customizations. I was really hesitant to go w/ a locked tune that was using the standard throttle padding, but now I can set it as I see fit.
i heard new ktuner update lets u adjust throttle padding now

I haven't done it because it's just fine for me with just rev hang enabled
Sponsored