TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (Cobra Race Support Included!)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With a TSP Stage 1 tune, you still are able to change Boost by Gear in the Quick Boost By Gear section. So if you want to go all out for power, do you choose max boost by gear in all gears (21psi for instance if that is the highest on your pulldown list) or leave them all at 'Custom Boost Level)?
Leave it alone if you want to maintain the boost levels specified by Derek when he wrote the tune.
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Leave it alone if you want to maintain the boost levels specified by Derek when he wrote the tune.

Point taken and thanks! For myself, this is for future purposes, not while beta testing. My current settings are all custom. I'm not changing anything on the tune. Just planning ahead.

Would you know the answer?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Point taken and thanks! For myself, this is for future purposes, not while beta testing. My current settings are all custom. I'm not changing anything on the tune. Just planning ahead.

Would you know the answer?
Leaving it alone will run max allowed boost. Any limits lower than what is specified in the calibration will reduce boost as necessary to prevent it from exceeding the new limitations. Long story short.. if you are spinning your tires and you don't want to, check and see at what point it is breaking loose and set new limits, as desired. This will be different for everyone due to tires, weather, track conditions, etc.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Leaving it alone will run max allowed boost. Any limits lower than what is specified in the calibration will reduce boost as necessary to prevent it from exceeding the new limitations. Long story short.. if you are spinning your tires and you don't want to, check and see at what point it is breaking loose and set new limits, as desired. This will be different for everyone due to tires, weather, track conditions, etc.
Good explanation! I understand now. Thanks again!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's been 10 months today (7/31/18) and about 7500 miles or so! The car has essentially lived over 1/2 it's life on this tune. No issues... clutch or otherwise. Now that it's balls hot... I pretty much have no traction concerns in 2nd like I did during the cooler months where the car would readily break traction through 2nd (I do have the OEM summer tires)... but it's still running great. I've kept eyeing the next mod... but I still feel the car has right about the perfect amount of power at sub-highway speeds with my level of traction available. So... I just keep putting off getting a flex fuel setup for now and keep enjoying it as it is. Still the best bang-for-the-buck thing you can do for an Si once you have a tuner, IMO. Do like I did and get the 'hot' tune in map 1 and never swap maps... ever.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
With TSP working on a tune for us CVT turbo guys, I had a couple questions. I know you still have the 3 on the fly tunes with tune 3 as the custom TSP tune (that setup is perfect for me by the way). And I assume tune 3 is locked and not tweakable...

But what about tune 1 and 2? Are all the quick adjustments and enables still available on those? The reason I ask is my current on the fly tune 1 and 2 are tweaked just right now the way I set them. I'd like to keep them as is. I just am a bit disappointed that my tune 3 21 psi tune falls on it face after 5000rpm. And that's why the TSP custom tune 3 interests me.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Two Step Performance I just purchased the V2...do I need to download anything or the stage 1 tune already there.
Thanks!

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been trying to contact them for the past few days and no response (via direct message, email, twosteps website, and facebook). Still waiting for my tune :(
I did appreciate the fast shipping , but I don't know why they just not email the tune when it was purchased. IDK hopefully we get an answer back soon.

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I did appreciate the fast shipping , but I don't know why they just not email the tune when it was purchased. IDK hopefully we get an answer back soon.
Fingers crossed but right now I do not have much hope. I have contacted them last month about the Spec clutch but they never got to back to me either

SueyChops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Fingers crossed but right now I do not have much hope. I have contacted them last month about the Spec clutch but they never got to back to me either
I'm in the same boat as both of you guys. Ordered the KTuner V2 last week, got it installed on Friday, no TSP Stage 1 tune though.

Reached out to them through their website and on here. Nothing yet. Will let you know if I get a response.

SueyChops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Maybe @D-RobIMW knows something about this? or could give us the TSP tune since he partnered with TSP.
Update to this. Corey from TSP just sent me my tune after emailing my order # and Unit id # to [email protected]

It appears that they used to have these instructions on their website under the combo package if you look at Sal Bandini's response on this thread.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-stage-1.24269/page-2

But it seems the instructions have since been removed from the combo package info. And I'm not sure if the email mentioned in that thread is still the appropriate one to send tune inquiries to.

It seems they still treat the request of this tune the same regardless of if you bought it separately or in the combo package.

If you look at the product description on their website for purchasing JUST the tune it states.

"When ordering, you must provide your Ktuner or Hondata serial number in the notes section during checkout. New tune orders are fulfilled via email every couple of hours throughout the business day. FlashPro tune orders may be slightly delayed due to the process required to build your custom file."

Hope this helps.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Made a few changes to my homemade intake yesterday and ran it at the track with this TSP Stage 1 (Beta) tune for CVT.
Ran a [email protected].

Really nice tune as some of you already know. I can't thank @D-RobIMW enough for this. Just giving credit where it is due.

View attachment 157592

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (Cobra Race Support Included!) 13-6 times

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Made a few changes to my homemade intake yesterday and ran it at the track with this TSP Stage 1 (Beta) tune for CVT.
Ran a [email protected].

Really nice tune as some of you already know. I can't thank @D-RobIMW enough for this. Just giving credit where it is due.

View attachment 157592
Pretty well matched up with the straightline performance numbers of a base 370Z. Not too shabby for a wrong-wheel-drive, CVT-havin' econobox that started off with about 1/2 the power.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx