Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Looking to upgrade my air intake - am looking for the sound upgrades because what kid doesn’t want that. Just wondering which cold air intake can just be thrown on with a TSP stage 1 tune - I tried to find an answer on here but couldn’t. Seems like the MAP air intake you shouldn’t use the tsp tune.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
MAP intake requires the MAPerformance tune. The best intakes around are the PRL Cobra and 27Won.

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Thanks gt, should I get the street or 80mm race one through 27won?

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Thanks gt, should I get the street or 80mm race one through 27won?
IMO unless you are planning to greatly increase air flow at some point, like w/ an upgraded turbo, stick w/ a stock (Street) MAF sized intake. A Race MAF won't provide any significant gains, and the larger MAF size decreases the resolution of the sensor, making the fuel trims be a bit more all over the place.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMO unless you are planning to greatly increase air flow at some point, like w/ an upgraded turbo, stick w/ a stock (Street) MAF sized intake. A Race MAF won't provide any significant gains, and the larger MAF size decreases the resolution of the sensor, making the fuel trims be a bit more all over the place.
Drob and his tuning suggest otherwise. you hit the ceiling voltage of the stock MAF almost immediately

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Drob and his tuning suggest otherwise. you hit the ceiling voltage of the stock MAF almost immediately
so you recommend the race MAF?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
That'd be news to me. Vincent doesn't suggest an upsized MAF housing unless FBO w/ a bigger turbo.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That'd be news to me. Vincent doesn't suggest an upsized MAF housing unless FBO w/ a bigger turbo.
Look at Drobs instagram, he has posts about stock TypeRs and them hitting the MAF limit with just boltons, no turbo. Just get the upgrade

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, one important thing that I think is getting overlooked here. If you've been running the stock intake, you obviously have the street MAF version of the TSP 1. Upgrading to a race MAF based intake will require the race MAF version of the tune. I think TSP will convert your file for a $15 charge.

Side note: Please add your car to my community tuning thread. The link is part of my signature. Thanks.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Look at Drobs instagram, he has posts about stock TypeRs and them hitting the MAF limit with just boltons, no turbo. Just get the upgrade
What does the Type R have to do w any of this? Even the Si MAF is different from the other 1.5t MAF sensors.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What does the Type R have to do w any of this? Even the Si MAF is different from the other 1.5t MAF sensors.
Its the idea that is the same........ get the larger MAF for a little more power and more so down the road. The volt limit is hit very easily with just bolt ons. IDK how else to explain. Go research
Sponsored