TSP Stage 1 Non-SI (CVT)

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport hatchback (cvt)
Country flag
So im heavily considering buying the Ktunerv1.2 with the TSP flash for my Honda sport hatch CVT. I wanted to see if I could get some input from people running this tune and specifically here in cali, being that the highest octane we have is 91. How are you knock control levels, and which map do you recommend? I've read map 3 is fine, so long as you don't race every person at the red. Im normal driver just looking for extra power and I hear this tune is a great start. So any feedback would be great.
Sponsored

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't have a CVT but a sport manual. I run Chevron/Shell 91 only and if I do a small pull to overtake or just for fun I see knock control go from .49 during cruising speeds to .6 - 0.65. Map 1 itself is pretty damn good on its own, map 2 in my opinion is best for daily driving. Map 3 is great but I dont feel comfortable pushing the turbo around 25 psi and it introduced a bit of torque steer for me.

andy_wen1

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I got a CVT and got tuned recently. I use Costco 91 and the knock control is fine (usually in the low .5s). As stated above, I feel map 2 is best for DD as map 3 is too sensitive IMO. I do normal driving. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Umbra

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got a CVT and got tuned recently. I use Costco 91 and the knock control is fine (usually in the low .5s). As stated above, I feel map 2 is best for DD as map 3 is too sensitive IMO. I do normal driving. Hope this helps.
Just ordered my tuner, been doing a lot of reading, and this defintely helps. Thanks guys

OP
OP
Umbra

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also can I ask, do you have any other mods on your civic? Trying to see how much power gain i should be expecting from the tune by itself

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally i'm running a PRL SRI (waiting for winter to pass before I put the CAI extenstion) and with the tune it feels like I'm running about 200-210HP. I dont think my intake is making a big difference since its a SRI atm, but the aside from the power of the tune how the car responds makes the car so much more enjoyable.

OP
OP
Umbra

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Personally i'm running a PRL SRI (waiting for winter to pass before I put the CAI extenstion) and with the tune it feels like I'm running about 200-210HP. I dont think my intake is making a big difference since its a SRI atm, but the aside from the power of the tune how the car responds makes the car so much more enjoyable.
That's great to hear, yeah I was thinking about adding a CAI next as well. But thanks for the response

andy_wen1

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Also can I ask, do you have any other mods on your civic? Trying to see how much power gain i should be expecting from the tune by itself
I have no other mods on my civic.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I hope to tune my CVT as well. I heard it is highly recommended to replace the stock intercooler with a bigger aftermarket one as the stock one is really crappy and small. You can replace the intake after that but I plan on just doing the intercooler and holding off on the intake until 27WON has their CAI CARB Certified. I heard Phearable Stage 1.5 Non-SI tune is better than TSP Stage 1 Non-SI. Going to go Phearable if I replace my intercooler and get the KTuner.

OP
OP
Umbra

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope to tune my CVT as well. I heard it is highly recommended to replace the stock intercooler with a bigger aftermarket one as the stock one is really crappy and small. You can replace the intake after that but I plan on just doing the intercooler and holding off on the intake until 27WON has their CAI CARB Certified. I heard Phearable Stage 1.5 Non-SI tune is better than TSP Stage 1 Non-SI. Going to go Phearable if I replace my intercooler and get the KTuner.
Keep us updated when and if you make that switch

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Keep us updated when and if you make that switch
Got the 27WON CAI and the Mishimoto Intercooler and also the Phearable 1.5 Non-Si tune! Got the intercooler and tune installed about a week ago and lets just say I have a smile on my face :). It's just amazing how the tune woke the car! The sleeping monster has awakened ?

GrannyCivic

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic 1.5T CVT
Country flag
So im heavily considering buying the Ktunerv1.2 with the TSP flash for my Honda sport hatch CVT. I wanted to see if I could get some input from people running this tune and specifically here in cali, being that the highest octane we have is 91. How are you knock control levels, and which map do you recommend? I've read map 3 is fine, so long as you don't race every person at the red. Im normal driver just looking for extra power and I hear this tune is a great start. So any feedback would be great.
Can’t comment on the gas but i also have a CVT and the map 3 feels awesome, I’m very conservative driving, my car always marked 38 MPGs on the tachometer but the drivability and power is great!
Sponsored