TSP stage 1 mileage

BlackPearlSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Country flag
I was planning on getting the TSP stage 1 tune and was wonder about how long other people have been running this tune for and if any problems came up along the way. Thanks.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I have been running it a few months, maybe 3k miles or so. No issues at all. MPGs come down a bit when using Maps 2 and 3, other than that all is well. TSP has done a lot of testing on this tune on their cars so it is safe and you can go back to stock anytime

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have been running it a few months, maybe 3k miles or so. No issues at all. MPGs come down a bit when using Maps 2 and 3, other than that all is well. TSP has done a lot of testing on this tune on their cars so it is safe and you can go back to stock anytime
How’s your clutch? I’ve read lot of your posts and it seems like you mainly use map 1 correct? I want to maximize my stock clutch as long as I can since aftermarket clutch kits seem like a hit or miss right now.

I actually just purchased a KTuner with the TSP maps because of your positive reviews. Even on map 1, I should notice a big difference right?

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Si, 2012 Honda Fit, 2008 Ridgeline
Country flag
MPGs for me still seem decent. Just did 42 mpg going 70 the whole way from Illinois to Wisconsin a couple weekends ago.

I've been on it for about 2k miles. No issues so far. I've got the PRL intake too. I don't really beat on mine much, maybe a few gear pulls here and there. When I got my tsp stage 1, I had them invert the tune so map 3 is my primary map.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
How’s your clutch? I’ve read lot of your posts and it seems like you mainly use map 1 correct? I want to maximize my stock clutch as long as I can since aftermarket clutch kits seem like a hit or miss right now.

I actually just purchased a KTuner with the TSP maps because of your positive reviews. Even on map 1, I should notice a big difference right?
Clutch is fine, you want to be careful not to WOT in 5th or 6th gear while at low rpm's using map 3 in sports mode. People have reported slipping clutches when boost goes above 22 psi. If you stick to map 2 or 3 with sports mode off, you should be fine, but regardless you should not wot at low rpm's, especially in 5th or 6th gear. I mainly use map 1 but have been using map 2 a lot lately

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
20mpg when i want to be a dick in map 3 sport mode.

but normally 28mpg on map 1 driving like a grandpa.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I was planning on getting the TSP stage 1 tune and was wonder about how long other people have been running this tune for and if any problems came up along the way. Thanks.
I have had the tsp stage 1 for over 10k miles. I never take it off map 3. I hit the throttle often on the highway and back roads. I never put more than 10% throttle in fifth or sixth gear. My stock clutch is still holding pretty strong. Never the less I have a spec clutch stage 2+ sitting in my garage just in case it starts slipping. If you take it easy for the most part I wouldn't worry about the clutch for a while. I have a down pipe and cobra also. I have about 20k total miles on my car. No issues. I am so happy with my decision to tune with tsp stage 1.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
20mpg when i want to be a dick in map 3 sport mode.

but normally 28mpg on map 1 driving like a grandpa.
Honestly I don't know how your able to get it that low. Mine stays on 26.8 and I am often a dick on the road. About 37 on long trips with 80 on the cruise control. You must stay on the pedal!

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
6.4L/100km in map 3, 50% of the time in sport(90% hyway). mx300 clutch with stock dm flywheel. 10,000km like this.
rock solid.
stock clutch was slipping after 20,000km tuned.

car now has 60,000km on it. was ktuned at 2,000km. stock clutch was the only casualty. i think rear brakes are getting pitted now though.
oil changes done when mm said to do it with honda oil.
no oil usage. minimal gas in oil.
rock on! :headbang:

OP
OP

BlackPearlSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the information guys! Can’t wait to get the ktuner and see how much the tsp stage 1 wakes the car up.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag

Sxcrates

First Name
Socrates Molano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So from what im reading, you'll only get some clutch slip in 5th-6th gear while WOT in low rpms?
So from 1st-4th you wont get clutch slip?

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
I stay on map 3 as well, but I only use sport mode when I know im going to need that extra kick and then turn it off when I dont need it. I average 34mpg while on map 3, and no clutch slippage that I can tell. I wouldnt say I baby it, but I rarely go over 15%-20% unless I really need to and most of those times I may put it in sport mode.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Map 3 with Sport Mode on (mainly driving local streets)= 24-26mpg

Map 3 with Sport Mode off (local streets) = 28-30mpg

Map 3 + Sport = gas guzzler, so like the poster above me I only turn it on when I want to drive really fast. I don’t think the clutch has slipped yet but I’m definitely conscious of it when driving aggressively.
Sponsored