AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
So I just bought TSP stage 1 tune for my 2020 Si (Canadian spec - if that should help) and flashed it. After I flashed it, I went for a drive and started data logging. I started to notice on my gauge that the car was boosting way too much without going WOT.

I noticed 27.9 psi (target is 23.3 psi) peak boost at around 55% throttle in MAP 3 with sports mode and 24.8 psi (target 22 psi) in MAP 2 with sports mode at around the same throttle percentage. Is that normal? (I know it's not sadly that's why I'm making this post). I use 93 octane with 1.2 gallons of E85 to help with knock (been using this for almost a year now while I've been on Ktuner base map). It keeps my knock control down between 0.49 and flashes of 0.48 every here and there. Sometimes 0.50 to 0.52 when I push it a little and 0.56-0.59 max when I push it hard.

Also, I have PRL cobra cold air intake STREET maf but my fuel trims are always high AF. Even on ktuner base maps I had to adjust the MAF calibration to perfect it (0%) but that option is not available for me with this tune. I emailed TSP and they thought I may have a RACE maf without realizing but I don't.

I have emailed @Two Step Performance about the situation with datalogs and they're responding but because of work and their hours can't get it resolved in a day. That's why I posted it here incase anyone have had this issue before or if anyone know what's going on. Until then I'm going to flash back to my Ktuner base 23PSI map.

Here are pics of my maf housing.
Honda Civic 10th gen TSP STAGE 1 MASSIVE BOOST OVER TARGET - HELP maf1

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP STAGE 1 MASSIVE BOOST OVER TARGET - HELP maf2

Attached is the datalog.

Thank you y'all in advance.

Attachments

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks to me like you have a Street MAF:
Honda Civic 10th gen TSP STAGE 1 MASSIVE BOOST OVER TARGET - HELP 1681863569985

Here is the RACE MAF. Notice the difference in the machined flat space in this area:
Honda Civic 10th gen TSP STAGE 1 MASSIVE BOOST OVER TARGET - HELP Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 5.20.22 PM

OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Looks to me like you have a Street MAF:
1681863569985.png

Here is the RACE MAF. Notice the difference in the machined flat space in this area:
Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 5.20.22 PM.png

thank you. And also I believe the PRL RACE maf for the Si's say SI-R on it (maybe wrong).

The only think I can think of about the fuel trims is maybe the ECU is compensating for the amount of ethanol since it needs more fuel to burn the ethanol. I may be wrong. But what about the 27.9 PSI boost increase over target?

OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Any exhaust mods? I noticed my HVDP added a bit of max boost.
yes I have high flow catted DP + FP with 3 inch catback exhaust as well. How much max boost did you see above your TC target?

Last edited:

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
I’ve seen 1 - 1.5 above. Remember the tunes were made mostly on stock cars. All your mods are amplifiers so to speak.

OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I’ve seen 1 - 1.5 above. Remember the tunes were made mostly on stock cars. All your mods are amplifiers so to speak.
yeah that's true as I read but I just thought 3 psi over is a bit much. Does ethanol also add to boost spikes? I'll be lowering my ethanol content (maybe straight 93) to see if that was a factor.

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Can’t speak to the E blend. Never played with that mix.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be lowering my ethanol content (maybe straight 93) to see if that was a factor.
Try this, datalog, and report back. I wonder if you’re running a race-maf TSP tune on a street maf. 🤔 Otherwise, how are the boost ramp settings? Sounds like you’re hitting TSP Stage One+ boost targets. Are you sure you tuned with the Stage 1, and not the Stage One+?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Add your Si to my tuning thread and I'll check out your logs.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
thank you. And also I believe the PRL RACE maf for the Si's say SI-R on it (maybe wrong).

The only think I can think of about the fuel trims is maybe the ECU is compensating for the amount of ethanol since it needs more fuel to burn the ethanol. I may be wrong. But what about the 27.9 PSI boost increase over target?
You're correct Race Si MAF says Si-R on it. I had similar issue, except I had Race MAF installed & was hitting 30PSI way too easily. A few emails & data logs & TSP had it all sorted out in a couple days for me. I think sometimes there are just some bad files, but the guys at TSP are great & will get you the correct file promptly. HTH

OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Add your Si to my tuning thread and I'll check out your logs.
yeah np will add my si asap.

UPDATE: I added my Si to your tuning thread

Last edited:
OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Saw the same. Still see 22psi in na sport 23psi in sport... starter 19.5 map1

Screenshot_20230419_060459_Yahoo Mail.jpg
yeah sounds like same issue I’m having. Please let me know what he thinks the over boosting issue is.

OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
You're correct Race Si MAF says Si-R on it. I had similar issue, except I had Race MAF installed & was hitting 30PSI way too easily. A few emails & data logs & TSP had it all sorted out in a couple days for me. I think sometimes there are just some bad files, but the guys at TSP are great & will get you the correct file promptly. HTH
yeah TSP is great. I’ve been emailing back and forth with Corey and he’s been a great help.
Sponsored