First Name
Wali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Hello fellow civicx fam,
I have a 2020 civic SI. I recently bought a ktuner V2 and uploaded TSP stage 1 on it. My mods are PRL street MAF CAI and muffler delete engine wise. Comparing to the threads on here, the car performs as it should.
However I have a problem in map 2 and map 3 sport mode engaged in 4th and sometimes 5th or 6th after doing a pull. Basically, I lose control over throttle for a second or two right after I shift into either 4th,5th or 6th gear. This only happens when I am not in boost after doing a pull as I mentioned. Also, recently when this loss of throttle was felt and I pressed the gas to get through it, the car had a loud backfire and then drove fine.
I keep an eye on my knock control and AFR and they look okay based on what they should be according to other TSP stage 1 folks. I really enjoy this tune but I really want to make sure all is good with the engine.
I have attached my log file.
I would really appreciate any feedback on this.
Thank you
Sponsored

Attachments

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is at least one thread about this that references aftermarket tunes on 2020 Si models not behaving quite as expected in this regard. Something to do with how Honda updated the ECU software for the 2020 model year. Do a bit of digging and it should be easy to find.

OP
OP
NomoreVTEC14

NomoreVTEC14

First Name
Wali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
There is at least one thread about this that references aftermarket tunes on 2020 Si models not behaving quite as expected in this regard. Something to do with how Honda updated the ECU software for the 2020 model year. Do a bit of digging and it should be easy to find.
Okay I searched what you asked me to search about and could not find a solution to my problem. TSP asked what year car I have and I told them 2020. Their tunes are different for 2020 compared to the earlier models. I could not find any other threads relating to my issue. My tune is working as it needs to except this one issue. Could you kindly navigate me to the thread you saw which could help me?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I don't remember what was the name of a thread, but it's a common problem with 2020 looks like. Most people just engaging and disengaging rev hang couple times and loons like it helps.
I don't know but Honda little bit changed how revhang works on 2020 models

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't remember what was the name of a thread, but it's a common problem with 2020 looks like.
I linked it. :cool:

I definitely wonder if Honda changed something in the tune to accommodate the revised gearing.

OP
OP
NomoreVTEC14

NomoreVTEC14

First Name
Wali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Thank you @gtman @DmK and @360glitch . I will upload zip files in the future if needed including .kdlg file in it.
As far as the problem goes, I read the post that @gtman linked and have came to a solution of driving while cruise mode "main" on. To my understanding, cruise control enables rev hang and my problem is pretty much non existent when rev hang is engaged. I know I can turn rev hang on permanently on ktuner as well.
Thanks again for the quick responses everyone. Blessed to belong in the civicx community! :D

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We have seen something on the Accords where after deep decel the ECU causes a lean spot when getting back on the throttle. A datalog would verify they've done the same with the 2020 Si and keeping rev hang does solve it. We're looking into the cause at the ECU level.

GavinSunde2104

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This may sound like a stupid question but do you think that running a VTA BOV would lessen this problem of the lean spot after decel? cause it does make the car run a little richer between shifts. And yes I've been experiencing this issue with the TSP stage one as well. At first, I thought it was a mechanical issue.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
This may sound like a stupid question but do you think that running a VTA BOV would lessen this problem of the lean spot after decel? cause it does make the car run a little richer between shifts. And yes I've been experiencing this issue with the TSP stage one as well. At first, I thought it was a mechanical issue.
Throwing more aftermarket parts on it isn't the solution
Sponsored