arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
i have been running +6 map with raised torque limit to 285nm for around 14 months with no issues on gearbox max boost i could see 19psi. All my friends civic 1.5T have ktuner with some on basemap dual starter 21psi and some on tsp map with no issues, two other guys been running flex fuel with custom Derek tune map previous they were tuning from Vit tune, both these cars been running over 23psi with ethanol blend from last 2 year with no connecting rod issues. Its all depend on the right tuning with the right fuel, if your Kcontrol increasing then lower the boost or change the fuel. Also have to monitor the AFR as this L15b7 engine is very sensitive doesnt like to go lean as in even above 10.5afr. My car doesnt go above 10.0afr on tsp map so i think its fine as long i have all the bolt-on supporting mods, always keeping eye on IAT/afr and Kcon.
I have sent some datalogs to Corey but he hasnt reply yet, let hope everything is fine.
Btw have u tried street launch control or enable the launch control? did it help in traction? If you are goin to flash back TSP can you change the torque limit to less than 325nm on higher rpm from 4k-7k rpm.
I know connecting rod issue is not common in other countries but many cars with 21+ PSI boost experienced connecting rod issue in my country. IAT is definitely high with ambient temperature of 34 degree during the day. My AFR is reasonable in my opinion and Knock Control only went high when I pushed the car beyond 5000 RPM consistently.

I haven't tried traction control from Hondata because I have no issue with traction although I'm still using OEM tires.

If I were to flash back TSP, I wouldn't change the torque limit. The day I flash back TSP tune will be the day we get confirmed torque limit of our CVT.
Sponsored

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
I know connecting rod issue is not common in other countries but many cars with 21+ PSI boost experienced connecting rod issue in my country. IAT is definitely high with ambient temperature of 34 degree during the day. My AFR is reasonable in my opinion and Knock Control only went high when I pushed the car beyond 5000 RPM consistently.

I haven't tried traction control from Hondata because I have no issue with traction although I'm still using OEM tires.

If I were to flash back TSP, I wouldn't change the torque limit. The day I flash back TSP tune will be the day we get confirmed torque limit of our CVT.
The torque limit for our civic cvt gearbox would be remain mystery as some guys are running bigger turbo like 27won W1 turbo with E40 flex fuel kit, a friend had W1 turbo and his car was fine upto 25-26psi.

Kcontrol will always rise after doing WOT going past 5k rpm but will come down when u drive normal.
You should get the intercooler as where i live is also hot and humid around 35-38c in day time but thanks to bigger intercooler and CAI i have in my car IAT is 42-45c and since i got the CAI last month i see IAT2 quickly drop in temp around 40-42c.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The torque limit for our civic cvt gearbox would be remain mystery as some guys are running bigger turbo like 27won W1 turbo with E40 flex fuel kit, a friend had W1 turbo and his car was fine upto 25-26psi.

Kcontrol will always rise after doing WOT going past 5k rpm but will come down when u drive normal.
You should get the intercooler as where i live is also hot and humid around 35-38c in day time but thanks to bigger intercooler and CAI i have in my car IAT is 42-45c and since i got the CAI last month i see IAT2 quickly drop in temp around 40-42c.
My next upgrade will definitely be intercooler but I will not push more than 21 PSI of boost knowing many cars suffer from damaged connecting rod in my country until there is explanation to the cause of the damage.

Secondly, CVT durability is very important to me as I want to keep the car for long time.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
My next upgrade will definitely be intercooler but I will not push more than 21 PSI of boost knowing many cars suffer from damaged connecting rod in my country until there is explanation to the cause of the damage.

Secondly, CVT durability is very important to me as I want to keep the car for long time.
Hey i just noticed on TSP stage 1 file that all the table are locked, how do i get to BBG table which i had done on +6psi map.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey i just noticed on TSP stage 1 file that all the table are locked, how do i get to BBG table which i had done on +6psi map.
You cannot edit TSP Stage 1. It is a locked tune. I am not able to open the tune tables but I could read some parameters as mentioned in one of my posts.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update:

I'm currently no longer use TSP Stage 1 tune due to personal concerns.

My main concern is related to 23 PSI peak boost of TSP Stage-1 because there are many tuned Civic gen. 10 in my country experienced conrod damage as the result of high boost.

Secondly, I found TSP Stage 1 tune Flashpro torque limit is set higher than 250 nm starting from 3,500 RPM so I am a bit worry.

I know there is no real evidence showing 250 nm is the max limit of our CVT. I'm just afraid because Honda might use "weaker" part for products launch in my country. Nobody here experience conrod damage from 21 PSI but there are tuned Civic gen. 10 in my country experience conrod damage from 21 PSI basemap from KTuner, and +6 PSI from Hondata Flashpro, which max PSI is approx. 20 PSI.

I currently use 19 PSI custom tune by myself using Hondata +3 PSI basemap as the base.
Sponsored