salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Something is definitely wrong if his car is noticeably slower on a Starter 21 then a Flashpro +6. The Ktuner not only peaks higher overall psi but has higher boost at lower rpm too. Plus all the part throttle tweaks available. Your friend should join and post his settings and a datalog.

Did he for some reason leave all the user tweaks (spool, turbo response, throttle response, A-VSA, ramp etc.) on factory? Also with numerous bolt ons, I honestly recommend a custom tune.

I've owned both so this is from personal experience.
he used to be quicker than my car on launch on 21psi but that time i had not installed intercooler, only PRL stage 1 and dp/fp....so after i got intercooler it made big difference in IAT. Since he got TSP stage 1 tune he has not gone back to 21psi base map and pretty much enjoying on tsp stage 1 like Arnoldo mentioned above.
Sponsored

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had used +3 PSI and +6 PSI Hondata basemap and I don't think I would get back to the basemap after TSP Stage 1 because TSP Stage 1 tune improves the car responsiveness. The car now feels quicker than using +6 PSI. What I'm really worry about is the torque limiter setting in TSP Stage 1 Flashpro because I accidentally saw the torque limiter setting is higher than 250 Nm starting 3000 RPM.

I am not even sure what Hondata formula and what the base of measurement that brings Hondata to conclusion of 250 Nm maximum safe torque for our CVT.
does tsp stage 1 tune map work on eco on and off both? Like if we want to keep less power on eco on that will not strain on cvt gearbox.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
does tsp stage 1 tune map work on eco on and off both? Like if we want to keep less power on eco on that will not strain on cvt gearbox.
I haven't tried econ mode but I could tell that TSP doesn't activate "Hondata Mode" in torque limiter setting.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
TSP has 3 different maps all with reduced output modes using the Econ button on the KTuner version.

I think the Hondata version has the main single map plus a 16.5 psi Econ button mode.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
TSP has 3 different maps all with reduced output modes using the Econ button on the KTuner version.

I think the Hondata version has the main single map plus a 16.5 psi Econ button mode.
I think you are correct about econ mode in Hondata version. I haven't try using ECON mode after I flash TSP Stage 1 tune.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know many tuners in Indonesia and I recently found out that they didn't do much on their regular customers's car but just flash basemap from basemap options from tuning device and call it a day. None of them really go into detail such as ignition timing and fuel tuning. In fact, all tuners in Indonesia that I know stated there is no point of ignition and fuel tuning for daily driver car with stock parts. They said basemap is enough. I used to believe this but my own experience proven that the statement is wrong.

These tuners I know are reputable tuners who owns famous workshop and servicing country's top racer by the way.

TSP Stage 1 is a great tune! I enjoy driving on TSP Stage 1. In fact, I love my car even more. I have no bolt on and not planning to get one as I feel the stock internal does pretty good job delivering the performance that I need.

I only worry about my stock internal durability in handling 23.7 PSI of peak boost and the issue that Hondata stated regarding torque should not exceed 250 nm because TSP Stage 1 torque is at 300-ish RPM from 3000 RPM and higher.

If you are planning to get a canned tune, I fully recommend TSP Stage 1.

Maybe we can arrange some e-tune service if I purchase KTuner from you one day when I really fed up with Hondata Flashpro.
May I ask what is TSP Stage 1? I have my sport hatch full bolt on, currently running +9 ... i wonder where do I find the option for TSP stage 1?
Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't tried econ mode but I could tell that TSP doesn't activate "Hondata Mode" in torque limiter setting.
i m waiting for the email reply from Corey as i have told him to get the special map as i dont see LTFT and also the fuel here are 89-91 octane (93-95ron).
Btw whats bolt-on parts you have?

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i m waiting for the email reply from Corey as i have told him to get the special map as i dont see LTFT and also the fuel here are 89-91 octane (93-95ron).
Btw whats bolt-on parts you have?
Looking forward to hearing your feedback on TSP Stage 1. :)

My car is bone stock so no bolt on after market parts.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looking forward to hearing your feedback on TSP Stage 1. :)

My car is bone stock so no bolt on after market parts.
still waiting for their reply:coffee: , how long does it take to send the TSP map?

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
still waiting for their reply:coffee: , how long does it take to send the TSP map?
Their response was quick but you need to take into account timezone difference and they are closed over the weekend so probably they would get back to you on Monday, U.S time.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Their response was quick but you need to take into account timezone difference and they are closed over the weekend so probably they would get back to you on Monday, U.S time.
i bought tsp stage 1 online last week Friday, was expecting to receive by Monday. Got Corey email replied saying he want to check my +6 base map which m using currently as he said on previous email he has to make this map special according to the fuel.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got the tsp file on saturday and uploaded. Wow the kick of boost from 4k rpm is instant with losing traction, do you think the torque level is too high for our cvt gearbox. Sometime cvt shifting is weird and sometime its like no shifting feel the problem is fake shifting sometime slow down your acceleration when the rpm goes upto 6k rpm. Sometime i feel my car is quicker on D and slower on S gear, do you think this is happening due to more torque cvt not handling on high rpm?

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got the tsp file on saturday and uploaded. Wow the kick of boost from 4k rpm is instant with losing traction, do you think the torque level is too high for our cvt gearbox. Sometime cvt shifting is weird and sometime its like no shifting feel the problem is fake shifting sometime slow down your acceleration when the rpm goes upto 6k rpm. Sometime i feel my car is quicker on D and slower on S gear, do you think this is happening due to more torque cvt not handling on high rpm?
I know a bit on how to read binary from a file. I managed to peek TSP tuning. I cannot say in certainty for all tuning parameters in TSP Stage-1 Hondata tune but I could share a bit of my interpretation from reading binary from the tuning file:
  1. TC Maximum Pressure from 550 RPM to 3000 RPM is equal or slightly lower than stock.
  2. Boost from 3000 RPM above is higher from stock.
  3. Boost from 4000 RPM to 5500 RPM is ranging between 23 and 24 PSI.
  4. Torque limit: 500 - 3000 RPM was 250 Nm; 287 Nm at 3000 RPM; 4000 RPM and higher is higher than 300 Nm.
I cannot make any statement if this tuning is safe for our CVT gearbox but I am afraid more of connecting rod reliability as a few Civic 1.5T in my country experience connecting rod problem when boost is pushed beyond 1.5 bar (20 PSI).

I recently put my car back to stock and use Hondata +6 PSI tune with slight modification increasing boost pressure to 20 PSI at maximum RPM, and adjust AFM.

TSP Stage-1 tune is addictive though. I hope someone can shed a light about limitation of our CVT gearbox. If the gearbox could take 325 Nm, I would start saving for more durable connecting rod, before I flash back TSP Stage 1 tune to my car.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know a bit on how to read binary from a file. I managed to peek TSP tuning. I cannot say in certainty for all tuning parameters in TSP Stage-1 Hondata tune but I could share a bit of my interpretation from reading binary from the tuning file:
  1. TC Maximum Pressure from 550 RPM to 3000 RPM is equal or slightly lower than stock.
  2. Boost from 3000 RPM above is higher from stock.
  3. Boost from 4000 RPM to 5500 RPM is ranging between 23 and 24 PSI.
  4. Torque limit: 500 - 3000 RPM was 250 Nm; 287 Nm at 3000 RPM; 4000 RPM and higher is higher than 300 Nm.
I cannot make any statement if this tuning is safe for our CVT gearbox but I am afraid more of connecting rod reliability as a few Civic 1.5T in my country experience connecting rod problem when boost is pushed beyond 1.5 bar (20 PSI).

I recently put my car back to stock and use Hondata +6 PSI tune with slight modification increasing boost pressure to 20 PSI at maximum RPM, and adjust AFM.

TSP Stage-1 tune is addictive though. I hope someone can shed a light about limitation of our CVT gearbox. If the gearbox could take 325 Nm, I would start saving for more durable connecting rod, before I flash back TSP Stage 1 tune to my car.
i have been running +6 map with raised torque limit to 285nm for around 14 months with no issues on gearbox max boost i could see 19psi. All my friends civic 1.5T have ktuner with some on basemap dual starter 21psi and some on tsp map with no issues, two other guys been running flex fuel with custom Derek tune map previous they were tuning from Vit tune, both these cars been running over 23psi with ethanol blend from last 2 year with no connecting rod issues. Its all depend on the right tuning with the right fuel, if your Kcontrol increasing then lower the boost or change the fuel. Also have to monitor the AFR as this L15b7 engine is very sensitive doesnt like to go lean as in even above 10.5afr. My car doesnt go above 10.0afr on tsp map so i think its fine as long i have all the bolt-on supporting mods, always keeping eye on IAT/afr and Kcon.
I have sent some datalogs to Corey but he hasnt reply yet, let hope everything is fine.
Btw have u tried street launch control or enable the launch control? did it help in traction? If you are goin to flash back TSP can you change the torque limit to less than 325nm on higher rpm from 4k-7k rpm.
Sponsored