Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
So I just ordered a ktuner with TSP stage 1 and I’m really excited. I currently have an injen intake, I got it because it was the first one that came out and I couldn’t wait. I had it for almost 2 years now and I have not noticed any issues. But now that I’m about to tune my car with TSP stage 1 I’m starting to worry because I’m seeing people in forums saying that they’ve been seeing weird abnormalities with STFT etc. Anyone here using the same intake and TSP stage 1 tune? I’m new to this kind of things and I don’t want no problems in the future. I don’t race or track my car I just use it for daily. I do have fun with it here and there but nothing too abusive. Also I live in vegas so it gets a lil hot in here I’m not sure if that matters.
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
How do your STFT's look currently? If they are +/- 5%, going to the TSP tune shouldn't cause any new issues. Still worth monitoring your fuel trims after flashing though just to be sure. And you could always rescale your MAF, which ideally should be done on any aftermarket intake.

OP
OP
Cheesus_Si

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
How do your STFT's look currently? If they are +/- 5%, going to the TSP tune shouldn't cause any new issues. Still worth monitoring your fuel trims after flashing though just to be sure. And you could always rescale your MAF, which ideally should be done on any aftermarket intake.
Thanks for your response. So what are the things I have to monitor? I’ll be getting it tomorrow

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Pretty much your STFT and LTFTs. Sorry, I said STFTs earlier shouldn't vary by more than +/- 5%. I meant the LTFTs. STFTs can swing much more widely and trying to monitor them is going to be more difficult. I'd say if they aren't > +/- 25% you are good.
Sponsored