Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Interesting...

What exactly is the issue? I currently have it enabled, but I will be sure to disable it as soon as I'm near my laptop. That being said, I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary yet.

(Side note: anxiously awaiting ECU support on KTuner. There's a lot of stuff I miss, to be honest.)
We've seen everything from low boost targets to engines not starting. If yours is ok, I would probably just leave it alone until Hondata releases an update.
Sponsored

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
We've seen everything from low boost targets to engines not starting. If yours is ok, I would probably just leave it alone until Hondata releases an update.
Yikes.

Welp, glad I kept a KTuner V2 handy lol.

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I'm about two weeks in now on the TSP Stage 1 tune for CVT 1.5Ts.

Nothing new to report, really. It's still amazing, I still think everyone should get it, and I can't imagine driving my car without it. I can say for certain that I'll never run a basemap again. If I don't have the TSP tune available to me, I'll drop hundreds on a custom tune. It really makes all the difference in the world. Seriously, aside from buying the tuner itself, TSP Stage 1 is the best money you'll spend on your car.

Also, I updated to 3.4.2 on Hondata and that seemed to improve the little fuel trim issue I was having (was running fairly rich). I never encountered the big issues people were having on 3.4.1 thankfully.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hello all. I have recently acquired myself a Ktuner v1.2
My ECU says 55A but I have the choice to pick from 55A and 57A? Which one do i pick? I know 57A has on-the-fly map switching, which I really wanted.
I tried 57A, errors never disappeared and didn't run right, flashed back to stock kinda bummed that 57A didn't work.
E-mailed KTuner already, told me to take my car in to get the CVT Controller/ECU updated but since my VIN says there is no issues for it to get the update, I would have to pay out of pocket on top of just recently purchasing this unit which I do not want to do. Is there any work-around? Do I just wait for them to either add that feature to 55A even though they already seem like they won't?

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hello all. I have recently acquired myself a Ktuner v1.2
My ECU says 55A but I have the choice to pick from 55A and 57A? Which one do i pick? I know 57A has on-the-fly map switching, which I really wanted.
I tried 57A, errors never disappeared and didn't run right, flashed back to stock kinda bummed that 57A didn't work.
E-mailed KTuner already, told me to take my car in to get the CVT Controller/ECU updated but since my VIN says there is no issues for it to get the update, I would have to pay out of pocket on top of just recently purchasing this unit which I do not want to do. Is there any work-around? Do I just wait for them to either add that feature to 55A even though they already seem like they won't?
If you have the oil dillution recall they will automatically update it for you.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I do not. I've called about 4 different dealerships and the commercial number, all said if I am not experiencing any issues, which I am not, then I can use those update recalls. :(
I know it is fine that I use A55 but I really want that map switching feature so I can switch around more, compared to constantly flashing different tunes.

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, fun little happening from the other day...

So I was headed up north in the early morning this past weekend. The on-ramp near my house has a couple lanes that merge into one before merging onto the parkway, and there's a traffic light right before the ramp.

Roads are empty at this hour. I pull up to the light, fully prepared to easily and calmly pull into the ramp and merge onto the parkway unimpeded. Until this young lady in a noisy BRZ pulls up next to me, inching forward little by little waiting for the light to change.

"Hm" I think to myself (as well as "those BRZs are real neato")

The light turns green, we both go, she springs forward and cuts me off. Was kind of expecting that.

"Oh. Okay."

I merge onto the parkway in tow, and she floors it. It's 5:00am on a Saturday morning and a four lane highway. No one else on the road.

I pull into the next lane and plant my foot down. Intake takes a deep breath. Turbo spools up. Tires chirp. The sound barrier cracks. The Civic takes off.

It was like a switch was flipped. In an instant, that snappy little BRZ was a distant memory. I look down and I'm doing 100+ mph. And it was so damn effortless and smooth.

I slowed down, the color returned to my knuckles, and I giggled. Exited the parkway and went on my way, cruising leisurely. A testament to the versatility and control of this tune.

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I do not. I've called about 4 different dealerships and the commercial number, all said if I am not experiencing any issues, which I am not, then I can use those update recalls. :(
I know it is fine that I use A55 but I really want that map switching feature so I can switch around more, compared to constantly flashing different tunes.
Sorry to hear that! Had the same dilemma for months until I got my recall done last week which updated my software. I immediately purchased the TSP stage1 and loving it so far.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Sorry to hear that! Had the same dilemma for months until I got my recall done last week which updated my software. I immediately purchased the TSP stage1 and loving it so far.
I just received my ktuner about 4 days ago and I also have the PRL SRI coming in, so I was excited to have all the features and what not. But I guess I might not which is a bummer. I kind of want to return everything now.

Tw1tcHy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I was not aware of this recall. Judging by this: https://www.torquenews.com/1084/honda-civic-cr-v-oil-dilution-problem-what-you-should-do-now

My 2018 EX-T with the 1.5L could suffer from this problem, no? Did you just call up your local dealership and ask if they'd do the updates?

TF? So they basically just told you to pound sand and if a problem arises, then they'll fix it?? I live in Houston, wonder if the dealerships around here are cool. I will be making some calls in the near future to a number of dealerships, at this point even if I have to bully one of them into helping me. If I find one, I'll let you know in case you ever want to make a day of it and have yourself a little road trip.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I was not aware of this recall. Judging by this: https://www.torquenews.com/1084/honda-civic-cr-v-oil-dilution-problem-what-you-should-do-now

My 2018 EX-T with the 1.5L could suffer from this problem, no? Did you just call up your local dealership and ask if they'd do the updates?

TF? So they basically just told you to pound sand and if a problem arises, then they'll fix it?? I live in Houston, wonder if the dealerships around here are cool. I will be making some calls in the near future to a number of dealerships, at this point even if I have to bully one of them into helping me. If I find one, I'll let you know in case you ever want to make a day of it and have yourself a little road trip.
I came originally from Houston so I know the Big Star and the one in Clear Lake, if you find one that does the oil dilution update for you even though you aren't experiencing the issue currently, dm me!

Also, I believe I am out of warranty now so also let me know if I can still do it. Thanks!

Tw1tcHy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I came originally from Houston so I know the Big Star and the one in Clear Lake, if you find one that does the oil dilution update for you even though you aren't experiencing the issue currently, dm me!

Also, I believe I am out of warranty now so also let me know if I can still do it. Thanks!
Absolutely! Clear Lake is where I actually got my car, I really really hate that dealership but they just moved to a big brand new building off of Calder Rd so I might give their new bigger service department a holler. Big Star is what I'm hoping will pull through, I regret not going there haha

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
@Two Step Performance are you guys still adding Ecus ??? I have a 2019 hatch sport 6mt and I’m not listed

5an-a22
It’s not TSP that adds support it’s KTuner. Yes, they are continuing to add support for 2019 ECUs. Once you have full support from KTuner the TSP tune will work.

Last edited:

phizzle

First Name
Lupgee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I loaded TSP Stage 1 on my 2017 Sport Hatchback CVT and I noticed I'm hitting 24-26PSI at around 4k rpm in Tunerview, is this normal?
Sponsored