Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's o good thing that they are pushing the rv6 turbo, they must like it!

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
I wish I could say something great about this tune. But all low-end is gone. My car almost seems slower. I’m FBO.

going to fork out $600 for Phearable custom tune like I should have from the beginning.
have been impressed by TSP in the past but not this time unfortunately.

OP
OP
ValkenDnB

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I wish I could say something great about this tune. But all low-end is gone. My car almost seems slower. I’m FBO.

going to fork out $600 for Phearable custom tune like I should have from the beginning.
Sounds like a W1 would have been the move. The Vargas turbo also seems like a better option than both. Regardless your top end is probably really good.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Sounds like a W1 would have been the move. The Vargas turbo also seems like a better option than both. Regardless your top end is probably really good.
Even on the stock turbo the difference between the TSP and Phearable tune is night and day. I'm quite sure the turbo is not the issue.

OP
OP
ValkenDnB

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Even on the stock turbo the difference between the TSP and Phearable tune is night and day. I'm quite sure the turbo is not the issue.
When you compare tsp stage 1 vs 1.5 sure. If we’re talking tsp stage 1+ vs 1.5R they both feel almost the same.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
When you compare tsp stage 1 vs 1.5 sure. If we’re talking tsp stage 1+ vs 1.5R they both feel almost the same.
No they do not, and my track times were almost a 3/4 of a second different in the 1/4 mile between the 1+ and 1.5R with no other mods. Many many others noted the same thing. Drivability is also a huge difference.

OP
OP
ValkenDnB

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
No they do not, and my track times were almost a 3/4 of a second different in the 1/4 mile between the 1+ and 1.5R with no other mods. Many many others noted the same thing. Drivability is also a huge difference.
Shit well if you have hard data like that I can’t argue with that. I’m going solely based off my experiences daily driving both.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you elaborate? I've used the tsp 1 tune, then tsp 2 e35 tune, now Phearable 2.5 e35. I prefer the Phearable 2.5 over the tsp 2, but haven't tried the Phearable 1.5/r tune. I think Phearable drivability is smoother. Hard for me to say which is "faster".

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

John does great work but don't expect him to magically make your 1.5L engine spool a large turbo such as this faster than what physics will allow. There is unfortunately a trade off when you bolt on a big turbo, some low end torque is given up and traded for top end horsepower. This is safer for the engine and preferred by most but it does give you a different driving experience. If you are not a fan perhaps a smaller turbocharger would be better suited for your application.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
City driving OEM turbo is best. You need a race track to effectively use an aftermarket turbo. In my opinion.

JonnySuicide

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
The Rv6 is definitely slower spool. If your going for stop light to stop light or want to impress people with the feeling of torque you need something lower. I guarantee my Phearable 1.5 tune would jump my current RV6 from a kick but once it spools its a freight train and would leave it. That being said most of my runs have been interstate kicks so it works out. I love the support of TSP and they do have great tunes but my Phearable tunes have always been stronger so that's my next thing is an E tune from them.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
John does great work but don't expect him to magically make your 1.5L engine spool a large turbo such as this faster than what physics will allow. There is unfortunately a trade off when you bolt on a big turbo, some low end torque is given up and traded for top end horsepower. This is safer for the engine and preferred by most but it does give you a different driving experience. If you are not a fan perhaps a smaller turbocharger would be better suited for your application.
One tuner can absolutely make a turbo spool faster than another. The physics behind what makes a turbo spool can be determined by the fuel and timing down low. Small adjustments like adding fuel and taking timing out can raise exhaust temps and spool faster. Some tuners don't bother and worry about fuel trims in boost and play it safe while others do better.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One tuner can absolutely make a turbo spool faster than another. The physics behind what makes a turbo spool can be determined by the fuel and timing down low. Small adjustments like adding fuel and taking timing out can raise exhaust temps and spool faster. Some tuners don't bother and worry about fuel trims in boost and play it safe while others do better.
I do not disagree that is possible to influence the spool of a turbocharger with tuning but I have enough confidence in Derek to know that he understands all of that and that he's not holding back a turbo such as the R365 from spooling just for the fun of it.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I do not disagree that is possible to influence the spool of a turbocharger with tuning but I have enough confidence in Derek to know that he understands all of that and that he's not holding back a turbo such as the R365 from spooling just for the fun of it.
Nobody is saying he's doing it for "fun". Seeing as his stock turbo tune is held back, i'm sure if anything the tune is just being conservative for the masses with a sacrifice in spool times.
Sponsored