TSP Flex Fuel Kit w/Ktuner

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ok your wire are in the correct location:hmm:... have you opened the Flex Fuel Module to see if you are getting a blue indication light ? take off the 4 screws to get access to see it:coffee:
Sponsored

Bummslut

First Name
Daveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Ok your wire are in the correct location:hmm:... have you opened the Flex Fuel Module to see if you are getting a blue indication light ? take off the 4 screws to get access to see it:coffee:
Does the car have to be on or is the light always on?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes...

OP
OP

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
1794CB6D-7095-4D28-98B2-5F202CC06850.jpeg
I checked that
I seen on another post where they put the wires different
I also checked for power on both plugs
Mine has exact same wire location. Will have to check software later today to see if I can find ethanol voltage.

OP
OP

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Connect the software after you have keyed the vehicle on and it will be in the list you have in your photo, just further down.
I’ve checked and ethanol voltage shows 5.0 but ethanol content is 0. I’m guessing it is safe to assume my kit is getting power. Assuming my kit is getting power, there is three possibilities, one is the sensor isn’t working correctly, or two chevron and shell doesn’t have ethanol blended(doesn’t seem right, pumped 1 gallon of e85 when I had 50 miles left but still shows 0%) or three my ECU just isn’t getting the signal from the converter..? The kit ranges 0.0-4.5v but the ethanol voltage shows 5.0, definitely something wrong here that I’m not sure how to fix.

OP
OP

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It looks like you pluged the fuse into the empty fuse slot on the inside of the fuse box instead of removing the one on the edge and sharing it like is shown on this video.

EDIT: You will also need to notch the lid to the fusebox to get it back on.

I followed the instruction, what you showed is the Si fuse box, it is a bit different from my Hatch, the empty slot where the Si has it, is where it was taken up on mine and I pulled it to replace with the included wire. I’ve also tried the Si slot as well and same result.

87Octane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Looks like a few of us attempted to install TwoStep PNP kit this weekend. I am having the same problem, ethanol is showing zero. In Ktuner program the ethanol voltage is showing 5, I am guessing that should be 12?

I took the 4screws off the Ktuner converter to check behind lid and its shining bright green led. Checked the order of the wires in the plug going to the ethanol sensor, order looks OK. Saw another thread about it being a common issue.

I emailed TwoStep, but figured I would post here in case anyone has further suggestions?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Looks like a few of us attempted to install TwoStep PNP kit this weekend. I am having the same problem, ethanol is showing zero. In Ktuner program the ethanol voltage is showing 5, I am guessing that should be 12?

I took the 4screws off the Ktuner converter to check behind lid and its shining bright green led. Checked the order of the wires in the plug going to the ethanol sensor, order looks OK. Saw another thread about it being a common issue.

I emailed TwoStep, but figured I would post here in case anyone has further suggestions?
its a 0-5V reading. if it's getting 5vs then it should be reading at 100% ethanol

OP
OP

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Definitely keep us updated with your email to and/or from TSP. I’m also surprised quite a few of us are installing this kit this weekend.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I keep looking at this picture and keep thinking this has to be part of the problem ( pin looks bent down pretty bad!!o_O did you try connecting it the other way 180* out and possibly bent the pin??? ) ..since the ECT2 connection is where you should be getting the signal for the E85 reading ? and you getting the correct voltage to the KTuner Flex Fuel Module since the LED is lit up... there really isn't any other reason it should not be working.. it has to be a connection not making contact properly... 90% sure of it:hmm: .. ( other 10% .. I'm wrong and call it a wash LOL :rofl: )
Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Flex Fuel Kit w/Ktuner flex fuel connector pin

Last edited:

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
its a 0-5V reading. if it's getting 5vs then it should be reading at 100% ethanol
Actually, the Ktuner software recognizes that 5.0V is not a valid input, and ignores it. (hence 0%)

All support emails have been answered. It is very odd that we are seeing the same symptoms across each case but we will get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. We have replacement harnesses shipping out tomorrow to those I have discussed it with and once we get the originals back we can tear into them to search for the root of them problem. While it is possible that there may be a problem with the sensor or FFC, we will things one step at a time.

Unfortunately the last time we had a hardware problem the customer failed to return the "defective" parts after we sent new hardware ahead of time, so we were not able to learn anything from that case.

87Octane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
TwoStep suggested the same to me, check the ECT2 connection and ensure pin was not bent. Its already night so will check after work tommorow. Hopefully that is the issue, ill update either way.

OP
OP

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I keep looking at this picture and keep thinking this has to be part of the problem ( pin looks bent down pretty bad!!o_O did you try connecting it the other way 180* out and possibly bent the pin??? ) ..since the ECT2 connection is where you should be getting the signal for the E85 reading ? and you getting the correct voltage to the KTuner Flex Fuel Module since the LED is lit up... there really isn't any other reason it should not be working.. it has to be a connection not making contact properly... 90% sure of it:hmm: .. ( other 10% .. I'm wrong and call it a wash LOL :rofl: )
flex fuel connector pin.jpg
Actually I did turn it the other way around and sure enough it did bent. But I fix the pin and it goes in easily, I actually tried adjusting it after I took the initial photo of it earlier but noting still. When I plug it in, I take it back out and check to see if its bent if its still straight then it definitely went in correctly. But good eyes though lol.

Actually, the Ktuner software recognizes that 5.0V is not a valid input, and ignores it. (hence 0%)

All support emails have been answered. It is very odd that we are seeing the same symptoms across each case but we will get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. We have replacement harnesses shipping out tomorrow to those I have discussed it with and once we get the originals back we can tear into them to search for the root of them problem. While it is possible that there may be a problem with the sensor or FFC, we will things one step at a time.

Unfortunately the last time we had a hardware problem the customer failed to return the "defective" parts after we sent new hardware ahead of time, so we were not able to learn anything from that case.
Would I need to email twostep or PM you directly for assistance? I also notice that my fuel line is much shorter than others or everyone's for that matter. The fuel line just before the fuel enter the sensor. It was so short, didn't reach the green clip for the original fuel line. Practically just hanging and had to zip tie so the fuel line doesn't randomly disconnect from swinging up and down. And this is probably normal but the fuel line after the sensor is a little bigger than the OEM fuel line, the original clip couldn't clip the fuel line completely, but manages to stay in place though which was fine and not a deal at all.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Actually I did turn it the other way around and sure enough it did bent. But I fix the pin and it goes in easily, I actually tried adjusting it after I took the initial photo of it earlier but noting still. When I plug it in, I take it back out and check to see if its bent if its still straight then it definitely went in correctly. But good eyes though lol.

Would I need to email twostep or PM you directly for assistance? I also notice that my fuel line is much shorter than others or everyone's for that matter. The fuel line just before the fuel enter the sensor. It was so short, didn't reach the green clip for the original fuel line. Practically just hanging and had to zip tie so the fuel line doesn't randomly disconnect from swinging up and down. And this is probably normal but the fuel line after the sensor is a little bigger than the OEM fuel line, the original clip couldn't clip the fuel line completely, but manages to stay in place though which was fine and not a deal at all.
You likely have the newer version of the fuel line. We exhausted Honda's stock of the OEM lines so we had to go custom, using OEM fittings. Please email us at [email protected] and we will make sure you are promptly taken care of. While we do try to follow the forum as closely as possible, direct contact with us is the best way to make sure any issues are promptly resolved. You will find this is true for any vendor that you may follow on the site. Thanks

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I’ve checked and ethanol voltage shows 5.0 but ethanol content is 0. I’m guessing it is safe to assume my kit is getting power. Assuming my kit is getting power, there is three possibilities, one is the sensor isn’t working correctly, or two chevron and shell doesn’t have ethanol blended(doesn’t seem right, pumped 1 gallon of e85 when I had 50 miles left but still shows 0%) or three my ECU just isn’t getting the signal from the converter..? The kit ranges 0.0-4.5v but the ethanol voltage shows 5.0, definitely something wrong here that I’m not sure how to fix.
As you pointed out the voltage range for the unit, the unit never outputs 5v. That's suggesting the unit is not outputting a voltage or the output wire is not connected to the ECU input correctly. If the unit is outputting 0v, for instance, the ECU should see 0v.
Sponsored