Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great for those having this issue.

I, personally (selfishly) am happy that for once this isn't a Touring issue! First one!

RedFiver13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Do they mean the screen flickers between normal and a black screen? I've had the unit flicker between brightness levels for no apparent reason until I adjusted the brightness to max. It would stop flickering once the camera was activated though. When it did this, I only noticed it on the radio. It wasn't as if everything in the car adjusted brightness like when the auto lights turn on.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Don't these all use the same display as the touring...I have a Touring and had a flicker here and there, just random, but not this bad as this video.

is it like this more and like:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I, personally (selfishly) am happy that for once this isn't a Touring issue! First one!
It is very odd the TSB omits Touring since a) it's the same part number in Touring trims, and b) some Touring owners have reported this issue here. i wouldn't be surprised if there is a revised TSB at some point.

Dmon65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Burgundy Night Pearl 2016 Civic EX-T
Well, I'm glad to see this! Thought I was imagining it, out of the corner of my eye, but what Ben&Jen show is exactly what I thought I was seeing.

Maybe I'll get that aftermarket powered sub and take it with me to get them to install it at the same time! Lol.

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
Do they mean the screen flickers between normal and a black screen? I've had the unit flicker between brightness levels for no apparent reason until I adjusted the brightness to max. It would stop flickering once the camera was activated though. When it did this, I only noticed it on the radio. It wasn't as if everything in the car adjusted brightness like when the auto lights turn on.
I have the same issue you describe. Mine does not black out. It goes from normal brightness to very washed-out bright for a few seconds. Back and forth. A whole episode lasts 1-2min. I see it at least every other day. Sometimes daily. I wonder if this has the same cause as the black-out issue most people are reporting. Thinking of starting a new thread with pics. Dealer wants to install new screen to fix it. Mine is not corrected by changing the brightness settings.

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring MSM
Country flag
I have a touring and my display began flickering on and off intermittently a couple of weeks ago when using Sirius or navigation, but not at all when on CarPlay. When I took it in yesterday I mentioned the service bulletin and said it is odd it doesn't include the touring trim. They called today and said they are ordering a new head unit and should have it in early next week.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody know if there is a TSB in Canada for this issue? My EX-T loves to flicker when I drive to work (when dealer is closed) then on my way home (dealer is open) it refuses to do it.. :mad: