Trying to wire up my horn button. Works Bell Short Boss and Rapfix GTC.

mky68W

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FC1 / 1987 CRX
Country flag
So, I purchased a Works Bell Short Boss and Rapfix GTC pop-up to pair with my Narita Dogfight/Tanida wheel. I am garbage with wiring and do not have a clue how to go about wiring this horn up. Looked around and couldn't find anyone with a similar setup. Mind you, I have already put the plugs in for the SRS delete. They are just not shown in this photo. Attached are a few photos for reference:

Works Bell Short Boss wiring:
These two wires go into where the factory plug for the steering wheel control buttons (i.e. radio, volume, info, etc.). The top is the power to the horn and the bottom is the ground. I put a piece of tape on the ground for reference.

65904724004__2F279749-FED5-4807-A002-E295993CB1DD.jpg

Rear of the pop-up:
These two wires should mount up to the back end of the pop-up, which should both be male. The only male connector is on the positive side. The female is on the ground side.

IMG_1402.jpg

Lastly, is the steering wheel side. I had to strip the female connector from the ground side that came on the pop-up from the factory due to it being one size too small to connect to the horn button. (Mocked it up to see if it would work, but obv. didn't due to no ground from the factory plug side.) I need to get a bigger cover for the neg on the horn button.

IMG_1401.jpg

Any electrical wizards have any suggestions? I obviously need to get a male connector on the back side of the tilt that mounts to the short hub wiring. I have heat shrink and I am going to get some crimps to clean up and change the negative on the horn button end. Any information is appreciated.