Shadid

First Name
Fadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey Guys, I've been wanting to modify my wing for a while now and I have come to the conclusion that i'm satisfied with the oem wing but I just wish it was risen and on 2 stands like the coupe is but sadly it isn't. I was thinking of trying to do it myself but am wondering if anyone has done this before and if so, do y'all got any pointers on where I should go from here?
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys, I've been wanting to modify my wing for a while now and I have come to the conclusion that i'm satisfied with the oem wing but I just wish it was risen and on 2 stands like the coupe is but sadly it isn't. I was thinking of trying to do it myself but am wondering if anyone has done this before and if so, do y'all got any pointers on where I should go from here?
I don't know if anyone has done that here, but there are people who have taken the Si sedan spoiler off. There a bunch of holes on the trunk that you would have to cover. The sedan wing is not mounted traditionally with just 2 or 3 points.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do it yourself and if you do a good enough job and it looks good make some money on it. easy way to cover the holes left behind is to have the trunk wrapped.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I don't know if anyone has done that here, but there are people who have taken the Si sedan spoiler off. There a bunch of holes on the trunk that you would have to cover. The sedan wing is not mounted traditionally with just 2 or 3 points.
The coupe has six holes to be covered. I was in there the other day tightening the bolts. I think the dealer probably tightens those on the first service if they're conscientious. Two of the bolts are torx tamperproof. So you'll need a special bit for that one. Easy to pry up and remove the plastic cover. Just have patience. I pry the cover up at the edge closest the front of the car,

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
The spoiler is actually functional, so I would not remove it. It's not going to kill your aerodynamics, but I still wouldn't remove it

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
The spoiler is actually functional, so I would not remove it. It's not going to kill your aerodynamics, but I still wouldn't remove it
They probably are.
Question is, would you benefit from they're function. I'd like to think they'd improve MPG, but I'm not sure about that.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They probably are.
Question is, would you benefit from they're function. I'd like to think they'd improve MPG, but I'm not sure about that.
We are all looking for that extra inch of performance or MPG, but its not going to "break the bank" as they say by removing it. It's benefit is mainly from what I read when going 60 mph or more

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Coupe, 2017 Juke
Country flag
Here’s the holes under stock spoiler because I took off my spoiler yester

6E1E2685-992F-40B7-BBDD-BC7DE15DB8DB.jpeg
That is a lot of fucking holes!

As far as DIY install goes, I did one back in the day on my 2000 Si. There is definitely a point of no return when drilling holes in the trunk, but mine looked like a pro install. If you do it, make sure you get all the hardware and a template for the trunk.

OP
OP

Shadid

First Name
Fadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Like I said I'm not trying to remove it perse, just have it lifted. My buddy's dad is a body mechanic so he could help me to fix up the holes in my trunk afterwards. Do you guys think that would hinder my performance at all?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Like I said I'm not trying to remove it perse, just have it lifted. My buddy's dad is a body mechanic so he could help me to fix up the holes in my trunk afterwards. Do you guys think that would hinder my performance at all?
Yes. It was definitely designed to give you optimal performance at higher speeds. I saw a technical paper on it some time back, I can't remember exactly but I think it prevents lift at higher speeds

OP
OP

Shadid

First Name
Fadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another question, if I do go ahead with this idea, what do you guys think about me trying to but a metal finish on the bottom of the spoiler? As it is connected to the plastic part. Probably welding, sanding and painting is what I'm thinking

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Are you going to keep the third brake light? If so you'll have to wire it up through your risers