Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bought these reflector lights off Amazon, based on the videos I've seen they look pretty great after install is done. I have a 2017 Sport hatch, so I know these reflector lights should be compatible.

Honda Civic 10th gen Trying to install bumper reflector lights while running HRS taillights download (7)

I'm a novice when it comes to wiring, but I'm looking for a challenge and think this is a great mod to take on. I've watched installation videos for these lights on Youtube, but have noticed that in just about all them, they are splicing into OEM taillight wiring. I'm not sure how to differentiate the wires on my HRS taillights, and was hoping someone on here might be able to offer some insight.

Honda Civic 10th gen Trying to install bumper reflector lights while running HRS taillights Photo Oct 08, 7 14 15 PM-2

It's late right now, but I'll make sure to take a picture of the wiring harness sometime tomorrow so you all can see what I'm talking about.

I'll make sure to update this thread after the install is completed so you can see what the end result looks like. Thanks for reading!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bought these reflector lights off Amazon, based on the videos I've seen they look pretty great after install is done. I have a 2017 Sport hatch, so I know these reflector lights should be compatible.

download (7).png

I'm a novice when it comes to wiring, but I'm looking for a challenge and think this is a great mod to take on. I've watched installation videos for these lights on Youtube, but have noticed that in just about all them, they are splicing into OEM taillight wiring. I'm not sure how to differentiate the wires on my HRS taillights, and was hoping someone on here might be able to offer some insight.

Photo Oct 08, 7 14 15 PM-2.jpg

It's late right now, but I'll make sure to take a picture of the wiring harness sometime tomorrow so you all can see what I'm talking about.

I'll make sure to update this thread after the install is completed so you can see what the end result looks like. Thanks for reading!
Well if you don't have a multimeter and you already have your hrs lights connected what you can do is step on the brakes and disconnect each connector until you figure out which is the brake wire, then plug back in and then turn on a signal and disconnect each one until the signal goes off (that's the signal). Just keep doing each specific function until you figure out each one that is needed for your bumper lights. Now to run the positive wires for each function usually it's to the lighter color wire of each stock wire harness. For example black and red, the red is the positive you need for that wire. Tap into the positive. Now the ground (black wire) on the bumper lights can technically just be attached to the chassis.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Following this build from fb bro
Sponsored