Trying to get my dual config map set up just right. How do I select early spool only with eco off?

CXRs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, C6 Z51, VB WRX
Country flag
As the title states, is there a way to only have the early spool active when eco mode is off? I have been running a tune with that for about a week now, and it is killing the fuel economy I used to get. I love the responsiveness, and am just starting to play with the other options like responsiveness and improved/aggressive ramp. I suppose that the best way to describe my goal is a factory-like tune with eco on, and a 21psi tune with the quickest (safe) spool in regular.

Does anyone have any insight?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Early spool is either universally on or off.

One way to help with mpgs is to dial back throttle response and part throttle turbo responsiveness a bit.

Try both throttle and part throttle turbo responsiveness at "Improved I".

OP
OP

CXRs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Easy enough. I am setting up a new map based on the dual starter, and trying out the on-the-fly maps. If I leave early spool off, and use these settings:
Honda Civic 10th gen Trying to get my dual config map set up just right. How do I select early spool only with eco off? Tune layout

Should that give factory-like performance with eco on, or in tune 1, while keeping the better performance in the other tunes? The map I am currently running is the dual starter with everything set as default, and the only change being made was early spool. I love the power curve, but could stand for better fuel economy.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

CXRs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I gladly will! Thank you for the advice. I've actually tested under some controlled circumstances and it's definitely more than a lead foot costing mpg. I've noticed about a 25-35% drop in highway mpg with the cruise set over what I used to get at the same speeds.

Currently the map I have is running only tune 1, with factory turbo responsiveness, with 21psi normal, factory eco, and early spool with no other quick enables/adjustments. I'm thinking I'll just do a factory-style map on 1, slightly improved on 2, and kill mode on 3.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been tuned for over three years and have only seen maybe a 5-10% reduction in mpgs tops on a 60/40 highway city mix.

If you do predominantly city, mileage will definitely drop off more.

I never use cruise control.

Last edited: