Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm trying to determine where I'm at HP and TQ wise and don't really have the time or money for a dyno test. Looking for somebody with a similar set up or experience with a similar set up that could give me a rough estimate on where I'm at. I usually run 91 octane but will occasionally mix 2-3 gallons of 100 octane for shits and giggles to attempt to get a 93 blend. I'm in Orange County, CA so I'm at sea level and the weather is usually fair.
Overview on the cars performance mods-
2017 Civic Si
PRL Race maf cobra intake
Mishimoto intercooler kit with charge pipes
Hondata with TSP Stage 1 tune
Clutch Masters FX400 with lightweight flywheel and SS braided clutch line
MAperformance catted downpipe/front pipe and (street) exhaust
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm trying to determine where I'm at HP and TQ wise and don't really have the time or money for a dyno test. Looking for somebody with a similar set up or experience with a similar set up that could give me a rough estimate on where I'm at. I usually run 91 octane but will occasionally mix 2-3 gallons of 100 octane for shits and giggles to attempt to get a 93 blend. I'm in Orange County, CA so I'm at sea level and the weather is usually fair.
Overview on the cars performance mods-
2017 Civic Si
PRL Race maf cobra intake
Mishimoto intercooler kit with charge pipes
Hondata with TSP Stage 1 tune
Clutch Masters FX400 with lightweight flywheel and SS braided clutch line
MAperformance catted downpipe/front pipe and (street) exhaust
I’m not going to give you exactly what you want, and I’d be curious if anyone has a dyno sheet. But the stock turbo taps out at ~250 HP on pump gas so TSP is already close to maxing things out. The other mods aren’t really additive beyond that, at least not on the top, maybe in the mid range. Anyway, my guess would be something like 250hp/290tq.

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m not going to give you exactly what you want, and I’d be curious if anyone has a dyno sheet. But the stock turbo taps out at ~250 HP on pump gas so TSP is already close to maxing things out. The other mods aren’t really additive beyond that, at least not on the top, maybe in the mid range. Anyway, my guess would be something like 250hp/290tq.
Thanks for the insight. That's close to what I was thinking.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
250/290 isn't bad man! That's impressive power from our little 1.5 with a few tasteful mods! How are you liking it? Clutch holding well for you?

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
250/290 isn't bad man! That's impressive power from our little 1.5 with a few tasteful mods! How are you liking it? Clutch holding well for you?
I love it. I just broke the clutch in and finally got to start some "spirited" driving. It's a totally different car now. It seems the power is there almost immediately, pulls hard 3-4th gear and doesnt drop off much at all in higher rpm's. The clutch took a few days to get used to but it was worth every penny. Grabs hard, no need to slip it in/out it just grabs but isn't violent. Honestly I was planning on going e85 or big turbo after this but I think I'll do some other things next cause this car is already as fast as I had hoped for. For being a daily driver, IMO, anything more would just bring me trouble. Probably Acuity short shifter and big brake kit next. Thee only complaint I have right now is the amount of under steer when in WOT. Seems like the car pulls so hard that it almost wants to get wild. Not sure what to do about that other than be careful.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I love it. I just broke the clutch in and finally got to start some "spirited" driving. It's a totally different car now. It seems the power is there almost immediately, pulls hard 3-4th gear and doesnt drop off much at all in higher rpm's. The clutch took a few days to get used to but it was worth every penny. Grabs hard, no need to slip it in/out it just grabs but isn't violent. Honestly I was planning on going e85 or big turbo after this but I think I'll do some other things next cause this car is already as fast as I had hoped for. For being a daily driver, IMO, anything more would just bring me trouble. Probably Acuity short shifter and big brake kit next. Thee only complaint I have right now is the amount of under steer when in WOT. Seems like the car pulls so hard that it almost wants to get wild. Not sure what to do about that other than be careful.
that's amazing! I bet that thing is a complete riot. Good to hear about the clutch, did you install yourself? I feel ya man, it sounds like you have it pretty dialed in for a daily driver. I say shifter mods and bbk like you want is a great route to go. Get that shifter and those brakes on the same level as your power plant. Then maybe a good set of tires if you having gone that route yet and you'd ha e the complete package I think! You'll learn how to tame the beast. this may sound weird but I don't mind understeer at all. Makes it more fun and presents a challenge. I became very accustomed to it running a 280 whp gsr swapped ek civic and learned to love it. So much dang fun.

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
that's amazing! I bet that thing is a complete riot. Good to hear about the clutch, did you install yourself? I feel ya man, it sounds like you have it pretty dialed in for a daily driver. I say shifter mods and bbk like you want is a great route to go. Get that shifter and those brakes on the same level as your power plant. Then maybe a good set of tires if you having gone that route yet and you'd ha e the complete package I think! You'll learn how to tame the beast. this may sound weird but I don't mind understeer at all. Makes it more fun and presents a challenge. I became very accustomed to it running a 280 whp gsr swapped ek civic and learned to love it. So much dang fun.
I had my buddy install the clutch at his shop. I'll probably get used to the car pretty soon, it's literally been only 1 day since I've been able to really drive it. I'm thinking some Michelin Pilot 4S's are on the way. I've got about 34K miles so the tires are about due.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had my buddy install the clutch at his shop. I'll probably get used to the car pretty soon, it's literally been only 1 day since I've been able to really drive it. I'm thinking some Michelin Pilot 4S's are on the way. I've got about 34K miles so the tires are about due.
Nothing wrong with that. Yeah you will for sure man and new tires will help
out. Perfect timing then for new rubber!
Sponsored