Trying to decide on a intake

Civicsihfp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe HFP
Country flag
I’m debating to get an intake, a short ram preferably since I have the Canadian version si and don’t want to reroute the washer fluid reservoir. I was going to get the prl cold air since I’ve seen good reviews on it, too much hassle on a Canadian si. I know the intake won’t give much power but it’s mainly for sound since the stock setup is a little quiet. I’m stuck on either the afe, k&n, or the mishimoto. They all have heat shields and look clean. Does anyone have either of these and what are your thoughts after installation?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take a look at the 27Won Intake if you have not already.

TPA_CivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I was also thinking about getting a CAI, but this thread has me rethinking that... I understand the 27Won doesn't have the hydro-lock problem, but it's quite a bit of cash to be able to hear the turbo.

OP
OP

Civicsihfp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe HFP
Country flag
Yea I just checked it out, looks enclosed so if there no sound difference there probably is none lol

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I ended up getting the Mishimoto. Wasn't gonna reroute things for the PRL cobra. I really wanted the 27WON CAI but ended up getting an open box deal on the mishi brand new for 300 CAD. Between currency conversion, shipping, and duties the 27WON intake would probably cost around 600 CAD. Couldn't really justify twice the price for negligible gains.

OP
OP

Civicsihfp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe HFP
Country flag
I ended up getting the Mishimoto. Wasn't gonna reroute things for the PRL cobra. I really wanted the 27WON CAI but ended up getting an open box deal on the mishi brand new for 300 CAD. Between currency conversion, shipping, and duties the 27WON intake would probably cost around 600 CAD. Couldn't really justify twice the price for negligible gains.
Oh nice did you notice any power gains or loss? I’m not really looking to get anything out of it other than a better engine sound.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oh nice did you notice any power gains or loss? I’m not really looking to get anything out of it other than a better engine sound.
No gain or loss that I've noticed. Supposedly there's a bit of top end gain due to the intake being less restrictive but I don't often go past 5k RPM.

Definitely heat soaks at idle/slow moving traffic. At highway speeds it cools better than the stock box.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
mishimoto.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Do you have the mishimoto? If so is there heat soak? What did you notice vs stock?
i have the mishimoto intake. it is enclosed with a big opening on the front top. i cut out some of the plastic in the piece that sits right under the hood in front of the opening, so the air flows directly into the mishimoto box. as a result there is no heatsoak or loss of performance. before i did that simple fabrication that took me 15 minutes, there was mild heatsoak.

i love the intake. the gains are felt and the sound is great. also i got mine from a member on here for real cheap..like super cheap.

high quality built intake that i have no regrets about. no worries about hydrolock or heatsoak with my current setup.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@BoostedSiCoupe can you upload a pic of what you cut? Was it the radiator shroud or that bit of routing plastic on the hood underside?

OP
OP

Civicsihfp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe HFP
Country flag
i have the mishimoto intake. it is enclosed with a big opening on the front top. i cut out some of the plastic in the piece that sits right under the hood in front of the opening, so the air flows directly into the mishimoto box. as a result there is no heatsoak or loss of performance. before i did that simple fabrication that took me 15 minutes, there was mild heatsoak.

i love the intake. the gains are felt and the sound is great. also i got mine from a member on here for real cheap..like super cheap.

high quality built intake that i have no regrets about. no worries about hydrolock or heatsoak with my current setup.
Nice, did you have to extend or unclip the sensor plug to extend it?

OP
OP

Civicsihfp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe HFP
Country flag
Anyone got the k&n short ram? If so how do you like it?
Sponsored