BRZ, ND Miata, Civic Si

• Total voters

MeepSecurity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
searching for a car
Country flag
Hello, I'm looking into getting one of these as a first car. I'd say the Miata is my overall favorite but my main concern with it is practicality and usability in the winter since I prefer the soft top. I'm located in New York so there will be snow and it will be cold in the winter, so I'm not sure if the soft top is enough. I don't plan on carrying too much stuff but I'm not sure if space is enough as well. The upcoming brz and si are also 2 contenders that may be more practical than the Miata. With the BRZ, my concern is reliability and availability. With the upcoming si, I don't know enough but I'm going to consider it a safe option for now. Depending on availability or reviews, I may also consider getting one from this year. I'm not really looking for speed in a straight line, more along the lines of a light and quick car coming out of turns that's fun. I guess my top priorities go Fun>Reliable>Practical. I also plan to do some light mods such as a tune, cold air intake, exhaust, etc. My budget is somewhere around 30k but it's flexible. If you guys could give any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Fun to Drive: Miata > BRZ > Si (they will all be fun though)
Practicality: Si > BRZ > Miata
Si will have a better stick shift than either
Si will be more reliable than either and hold its value better

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport, Volvo 940, couple of e36 BMW
Country flag
BRZ all day every day, if you dont need more than 1 person in tha car with you...

SleepyCivic

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan WOP
Country flag
BRZ all day every day, if you dont need more than 1 person in tha car with you...
Word. Used to carpool with a friend who drove one. That car was a blast. RIP anyone who isn’t riding in the front though lol
Sponsored