Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
I need my clutch installed and trans case swapped.
Been quoted around 700-800 for labor.
Im not leaving my car somewhere to be a joy ride. And i reqlly dont want to spmehow fuck my whole drivetrain up by improper install
Sponsored

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I paid just over 1k for install and alignment when I had a shop put my ACT kit in. If one of those quotes for 7-800 came from a higher end performance shop, and not just random garages, I would think you should be safe going with them. That's the option I ended up having to go with and honestly even though the cost was high it was worth it, I've never done clutch work let alone dropped the subframe of a vehicle.

You can always make sure nobody thinks the car is going to be fun to begin with and put stock tune back on lol

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
I fortunately got word my buddys new shop should be ready in 2 weeks
I need to go back 5o work. Veen applying places and wanted to get my car to q point that its done for the time being.
Wish i ould get a turbo inlet too. But im sont spending til everything i have now us installed. And of course coilovers im grabbing off a guy locally

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
I paid just over 1k for install and alignment when I had a shop put my ACT kit in. If one of those quotes for 7-800 came from a higher end performance shop, and not just random garages, I would think you should be safe going with them. That's the option I ended up having to go with and honestly even though the cost was high it was worth it, I've never done clutch work let alone dropped the subframe of a vehicle.

You can always make sure nobody thinks the car is going to be fun to begin with and put stock tune back on lol
That would probably involve removing a ktuner stickers off stuff lol
And it doesnt cure my ocd with my ateering wheel not getting nasty. Amongst other things. Lol
If qnyones car is gonna get stained in a ridiculous manner it would be mine.
And suede steering wheel and dirty af hands. Nopers. I wash my hands basically befire i touch a damb thing anymore. Lol

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
And it doesnt have to be fun to go and beat it to "see something" or whatever.
Hell i had my last civic to honda. I told them multiple times. It only makes the noise at idle. So wht do they do. Go qbd beat it. And come say "we tested it through all the rpm ranges and it didnt do jt" i got pissed and told em no fuck when i said it only does it at idle. And asked if they beat everyones car for no reason.
It got real quiet.

I have very little trust in people these days.
Especially with my investment. That i cant afford to replace atm.
And ive heard of people getting clutches done on 10th gens. And them muffin up the install and it wasnt pretty.
I get the fact that i am a bit paranoid.
I havent ley a single person drive my car since owning it.
Especially since flashing it.
I still technically have 39k left of warrenty lol
And im aware ifnit has a catastrophic failure. Every piece of data and current whatever is logged.
If thst kinda shit happens. It better be my fault. Otherwise there would be more then just car problems

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hell i had my last civic to honda.

Thats why lol, unless you get a real master tech most of the guys are following crappy testing instructions and still never find the issues at most dealerships.

Anyway
If you are that worried then hopefully your friends shop is open in time for that to work out for you. Last bit of suggestion i have is if you are still asking around find out how long they need the car for. Some shops could do the job in 1 but a thorough job should take 1-2 days. if they tell you upfront they need it longer than that dont bother

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
He said 2 weeks thankfully. And ill be qble to at least watch. I just stay in map 1 for now. Just workin on painting my bremobos and prob gonna do the cdv delete beforehand. Just wanna clear out the parts i got and chill with it
Sponsored