First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So after chasing a rouge plinko inspired green pushy clip, i had the whole trunk tore apart.. figured while its apart, i might as well install my Dynamat.. When i noticed some water pooling areas in my trunk.. the cars a little over a year old and only has 6,000 miles and is garage kept. Anybody have any estimates on where this water could be coming from, - the seal around the truck feels fine and secure, and i cant seem to find any other water markings other than the 3 areas where its pooling.

Red - Circled areas of pooling
Blue - Estimated water path

Part of me wants to take it to the dealership and say HEY! ... but then again.. they are going to say ( its out of warranty, you've modified the car ) and wont want to fix it without charging me. - alternatively, its supposed to storm later today and the rest of this week, suppose i could just pull it out there and let the rain hit it while i camp in the trunk / backseat.

Edit: I do have a "factory installed" small wing spoiler and do NOT have a sunroof.
I have also had the hard shell full coverage OEM trunk mat since i bought the car new with less than 30 miles on it. and did not notice any wet carpet at this point.

Honda Civic 10th gen Trunk water leak? Inkedtrunk water damage_LI
Honda Civic 10th gen Trunk water leak? water damage 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I havent yet, I only JUST got the spoiler replaced, still battling with the Warranty repair of it, they scratched my trunk brake light, and left off the end caps of the lamp too, and scratched my passenger brake light. 2 different dealers, and what, a year and a half and this still isnt fixed yet. my patience is already running thin. To be honest I havent looked down in there anymore lately.
Sponsored