Trunk tray for Type R?

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Is there something unique about our car that prohibits us from using OEM or Weathertech trunk trays for the regular hatch?

Weathertech says only a generic one that you cut to fit is available. That one does not have a good lip around the edge to hold liquid. I am using my hatch as a hatchback should, to haul junk. I need a good tray.

Advertisement

boosted180sx

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 CTR, 2019 370Z Nismo, '16 ILX
Country flag
no it's all the same as long as you buy it for the touring model.

it has a sub on the right side so the tray fro the base model won't be flush and it'd kinda roll up. The oem trunk tray has a section that you can cut out or fold over if you have the oem sub.

OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
no it's all the same as long as you buy it for the touring model.

it has a sub on the right side so the tray fro the base model won't be flush and it'd kinda roll up. The oem trunk tray has a section that you can cut out or fold over if you have the oem sub.
It looks like the Sport tray is the one with the cutout. Do you know if Sport and Touring use the same, which would fit the Type R?

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2019/5dr/cargotraysport.pdf

boosted180sx

Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
If you are talking about the oem part, it's the same trunk tray for every single civic model (at least all hatchback trims). You either just cut out that side piece or keep it on depending on if you have the sub in the back or not.

OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
If you are talking about the oem part, it's the same trunk tray for every single civic model (at least all hatchback trims). You either just cut out that side piece or keep it on depending on if you have the sub in the back or not.
One thing I know for sure, is that they aren't all the same. The Sport and Sport Touring have their own, with the part you have to cut off if you have "premium sound". All of the other models use a different tray.

What I can't figure out is if the Type R uses the "Sport and Sport Touring" version with the part that you cut off. Why not just say it also fits Type R if it fits Type R? Makes no sense.

keiothic

Banned
First Name
YoK
Reaction score
Car(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Maybe visit a dealership, OP? Perhaps one would be kind enough to let you test fit one from one of the Civics in their lot.

boosted180sx

Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
One thing I know for sure, is that they aren't all the same. The Sport and Sport Touring have their own, with the part you have to cut off if you have "premium sound". All of the other models use a different tray.

What I can't figure out is if the Type R uses the "Sport and Sport Touring" version with the part that you cut off. Why not just say it also fits Type R if it fits Type R? Makes no sense.
yeah, you know what your probably right about the sport trims. The non sport trims doesn't have the hump that the sport trim maybe has due to the center exhaust.

OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
yeah, you know what your probably right about the sport trims. The non sport trims doesn't have the hump that the sport trim maybe has due to the center exhaust.
I hadn't thought about that. Probably so.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
My sport touring has the type r trunk tray. It would work vice versa.

022B65F6-1600-42C3-94D4-3A8C820D7A5F.jpeg

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Sport Touring Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My sport touring has the type r trunk tray. It would work vice versa.

022B65F6-1600-42C3-94D4-3A8C820D7A5F.jpeg
Are you sure? Why does yours look so bunched up and creased, especially at the back? Also, any particular reason why you didn't trim the bit near the sub?

20190619_143309.jpg
20190619_143255.jpg
20190619_143314.jpg

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I just unpacked it and installed it immediately after getting it in the mail. The fitment is exact and perfect. I don’t mind leaving that little trim piece, never see it, doesn’t bother me. It’s more protection basically.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Sport Touring Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just unpacked it and installed it immediately after getting it in the mail. The fitment is exact and perfect. I don’t mind leaving that little trim piece, never see it, doesn’t bother me. It’s more protection basically.
Ah ok that makes senese

Advertisement

Advertisement