Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hello, I currently have the UR front strut bar and the type r front brace installed, do you guys think adding the Ultra Racing rear trunk strut bar would help out with my suspension and make it more stiff around corners? Also if anyone has installed it, was it difficult and do you notice a difference?

link for reference (it has a nice sale)https://unity-performance.com/products/ultra-racing-trunk-strut-bar-brace-2016-honda-civic-sedan
Hey Spider, thanks for sharing the link!

The trunk bar will add more rigidity to the rear section, and you will get a feeling of less flex in the body going over bumps / uneven surfaces. To put it into perspective, this bar is helping strengthen an area which is isn't as strong as it could ve due to the large gap in the trunk that Honda integrates allowing luggage to pass through.

You will lose some pass-through space, but I've managed to fit in a 30" x 72" table, and many other large boxes so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Additional chassis bracing adds more rigidity to the car's body, allowing the suspension to do a better job as there's less opposing force.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any questions!

OP
OP
Spider

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
Hey Spider, thanks for sharing the link!

The trunk bar will add more rigidity to the rear section, and you will get a feeling of less flex in the body going over bumps / uneven surfaces. To put it into perspective, this bar is helping strengthen an area which is isn't as strong as it could ve due to the large gap in the trunk that Honda integrates allowing luggage to pass through.

You will lose some pass-through space, but I've managed to fit in a 30" x 72" table, and many other large boxes so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Additional chassis bracing adds more rigidity to the car's body, allowing the suspension to do a better job as there's less opposing force.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any questions!
My other question would be how is the install, would I need to cut the carpet or pull it back.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
What's the difference between the upper and lower trunk brace? I was thinking of getting only the lower one to keep the hatchability of the car
The upper and lower trunk brace works in conjunction with each other to provide the maximum amount of structural rigidity to your 10th gen Civic. I do understand your concern with maintaining the hatchability on your car, and I strongly believe that the lower brace will do exactly that.

However, in order to further add to the structural rigidity of your car without compromising any hatch space, I highly recommend the Ultra Racing front power brace found here
https://unity-performance.com/colle...tra-racing-front-power-brace-2016-honda-civic

as well as the rear torsion bar found here:
https://unity-performance.com/colle...-hatch/products/ultra-racing-rear-torsion-bar.

there is also a front cross member to maximize the structural rigidity on your car found here:
https://unity-performance.com/colle...-lower-cross-member-3-points-2016-honda-civic

The best part about all these parts is that it maximizes the rigidity without compromising comfort.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What improvements in particular did you notice when adding the rear torsion bar?

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Question on the front cross member, does this interfere with the factory plastic splash guard? I recall one picture where it was installed on top/over the plastic guard in place. Is this the case?
Thanks,

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question on the front cross member, does this interfere with the factory plastic splash guard? I recall one picture where it was installed on top/over the plastic guard in place. Is this the case?
Thanks,
You have to cut a 2" oval in the plastic on each end where they bolt up. This way they run tucked above the plastic then pop out the holes right at the mounting points. I used Cusco bars but it looks very similar.

I used the ultra rear strut bar and if you're cool with loosing the pasthrough it's worth it. Makes a great amp rack too. You just have to cut a 4" slit in the carpet to install and just fold it back over the mounting point.

Ran the Cusco front, mid, rear, and seat braces. Tanabe front strut, ultra rear strut. The front and rear Ultras are pretty much identical to Cusco but Cusco has the better x brace in the center. Only Cusco offers seat rail brace and only ultra offers 4 point rear strut brace. Cusco and ultra both offer 2 point rear strut brace if you want to keep passthrough.

Is it worth $1k of performance to do all 6 braces, no, but I don't regret it either. Springs, fsb and rsb do way more at the same price point, or less if you install the front springs and fsb yourself which is the only tricky part.
Honda Civic 10th gen Trunk Strut Bar? IMG_20200731_214515
Sponsored