Trunk Reopening on 2016 Civic Coupe

ohitsluca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Hey guys, did some searching and couldn't find anything about this exact issue. Hopefully you all can help!

I am in the process of moving, so I was loading up my trunk with a few boxes and there was more than enough space for what I was putting in it. I closed the trunk and it beeped a few times and popped back open. (Like what it does when you leave your keys in the trunk and try to close it.) I thought maybe the car was sensing the keys as in the trunk, even though they were in my pocket, so I brought my keys in the house (15-20ft away) and it still wouldn't stay shut. I checked again and there was nothing in the trunk that was touching the roof of the trunk / the trunk door.

After rearranging everything in the trunk for 20 minutes, I finally just took everything out of the trunk and then it stayed closed. Then I put everything back in 1 by 1 until it wouldn't shut again. The weird part is I had 2 boxes in there... 1 larger box and another box about half the size. The smaller one would make the door reopen, so I replaced it with the bigger one and the door stayed shut.

I really don't understand... is there a sensor in there that thought the trunk was too full or something? Has anyone else had something similar when packing for a vacation / moving? It's not a huge deal, I put the other box in my backseat but I just don't understand what the issue actually was. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

OP
OP

ohitsluca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Wow I feel like an idiot. Yeah, I didn't realize one of the things I packed was a folder with all my vehicle paperwork and inside of it was the spare.

Haha thank you... sorry for making a whole post about something so simple :banghead:

l0p3s22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI Autobahn
Country flag
I've seen other threads where people did this so you weren't the first one :) Good luck on the move!
Sponsored