danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a question about the trunk release for my 2019 Si sedan. On my old 8th gen that I used to have, if you held the trunk unlock button the trunk would pop open a few inches. In my 2019 Si if I hold the trunk release nothing happens. I mean it unlocks the trunk but the trunk doesn't pop open. Is that normal or is it supposed to pop open a few inches?
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Sounds normal, mine only pops open the minimum amount for me to lift up. That was a small disappointment that these trunks don't open automatically when you unlock them, many other economy cars seem to do so.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds normal, mine only pops open the minimum amount for me to lift up. That was a small disappointment that these trunks don't open automatically when you unlock them, many other economy cars seem to do so.
Yea mine doesn't pop open at all though...I have to press the button underneath the trunk to unlock it then open it:/

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea mine doesn't pop open at all though...I have to press the button underneath the trunk to unlock it then open it:/
Edit: nevermind I just went outside to see if it does and your right it does actually pop open when you press it on the key fob but only the slightest amount.
Sponsored