Trunk rattle noise

Mdkumar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Country flag
This moderate rattle noise from trunk is driving me nuts . took it to dealership many times but they were unable to replicate it. Can anyone tell me where this noise come from(which part) . This is an EX-L model. Attached the recording here

Thanks,
Dinesh.
Sponsored

tts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic SI, 16 EX-L
Country flag
This moderate rattle noise from trunk is driving me nuts . took it to dealership many times but they were unable to replicate it. Can anyone tell me where this noise come from(which part) . This is an EX-L model. Attached the recording here

Thanks,
Dinesh.

Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but did you ever find out what was causing that noise? I hear the exact same noise in my EX-L.

OP
OP

Mdkumar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Country flag
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but did you ever find out what was causing that noise? I hear the exact same noise in my EX-L.
Sadly No. The issue is still there. will post it here when I get this fixed. btw do you know from which side the noise is originating?

tts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic SI, 16 EX-L
Country flag
Sadly No. The issue is still there. will post it here when I get this fixed. btw do you know from which side the noise is originating?
I haven't had a chance to track it down specifically, but it kinda sounds like it's coming from the left/drivers side, but I'm not sure. I'm going to try and track it down this weekend. It sucks because I just got the car, and only had it for a week.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Check for rocks in the rear bumper, that was where my rattle was coming from. If a rock gets in there it'll bounce around and hit the spare tire well and sounds like a rattle.

hershal06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Country flag
Sounds exactly like mine. Mine seems to be coming from the rear passenger side. Haven't gotten up in there to look for any debris though.

benkei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Sedan
Yep, I have it too, sounds like passenger side rear. I will be taking it into the dealership to try to resolve.

holtbest12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
I noticed this issue shortly after I bought my first one. I took it back the same day and they replaced it a month later with a newly built one. After 800 miles, the same issue pops up. What the fuck Honda. I hope you guys are able to get your issue resolved. I can already see frustration coming in trying to get this fixed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I noticed this issue shortly after I bought my first one. I took it back the same day and they replaced it a month later with a newly built one. After 800 miles, the same issue pops up. What the fuck Honda. I hope you guys are able to get your issue resolved. I can already see frustration coming in trying to get this fixed.
This Civic is going to have terrible resale value, thats why I am trading mine in as soon as some new 2017 models come out

Edit: and it probably won't be for another Honda

wikimtb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
First time on this board, so I apologize if this was already settled. I've noticed the same rattle coming from the trunk (on passenger side (EX-T 10k miles this morning) - noticed the sound about 4-6 weeks ago thinking it was a loose cable in the trunk smacking the metal). Take a look at the clip that holds the seat release pull handle. the one on my passenger side seems to be loose while the driver side one appears to be much tighter. I think that it what it could be. (but I'm lazy and don't feel like sitting in a dealership all day while they try to fix this, so I just crank up my radio

Last edited:

murf1179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic SI
I am curious as well if anyone has found a fix for this. The noise is also present in my EX-L.

Tennvol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
fixed mine by removing the seat release latch in the trunk and putting duct tape around the opening, and then putting the latch back in....my drivers side latch was so loose it was rattling between the plastic and metal and driving me nuts

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
fixed mine by removing the seat release latch in the trunk and putting duct tape around the opening, and then putting the latch back in....my drivers side latch was so loose it was rattling between the plastic and metal and driving me nuts
Its the lever/latch itself that's making the noise? If I put some foam around the entry/lever, do you think that would take care of it as well?

I'll have to take a picture later to show what I'm referring to :p
Sponsored