Trunk rattle....I fixed mine

Tennvol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
With all the threads on the trunk rattle this is how I fixed mine. I have a Touring and about 2500 miles on it and noticed the rattle starting up about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was something rattling around in my trunk where the tray liner was (before I removed it and stuffed tools in there). Turns out it was the seat release latch on the driver side. Not the cables mind you but the way the latch attaches to the car. If you reach under the release there's a clip to depress to remove the latch assembly. I put 2 pieces of duct tape around the entire opening and then reattached the clip to the trunk....boom...no more rattle
Sponsored

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks, I'll try this out this evening. I couldn't quite understand where you were referring to from you other post but this clears it up.

ArkCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, Fit and CRV
Thanks for posting the fix. I really want a 10th Gen but with all the Duct Tape, Chewing Gum and Paper Clip MODS I'm not so sure.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I would really appreciate it if you could show a picture of how you have the duct tape. I have a general idea of where exactly you're pointing to, but I wanted to confirm.

ccflier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
I tried this fix too and was confident it would work. I used a couple zip ties on the trunk release on the pax side. Unfortunately I still have an intermittent rattle. I suspect it's something to do with the trim and has to do with a temperature range. It only seems to happen between 65-72 degrees OAT. Infuriating.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I took mine to the dealership and all they said they did was "tighten all the screws". That fixed my issue honestly. Sorry I have no more info. The dealership was pulling some shady work on me, and to avoid me building a lemon law case, they said they didnt find anything.

OP
OP

Tennvol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
I tried zipties all over the place and they didn't work. The only thing that worked was actually placing tape between the plastic clip assembly and the metal car body.
Sponsored